John Heald from Carnival asking if service dogs should be allowed on a galley tour?

Ex techie

As much as I would like to protect US citizens' rights and lives by promoting US flag ships, the prices that would need to be charged for covering the additional expenses would dry up the cruise industry in the US immediately.

While I did not see any "emotional support" animals while at NCL, given the inability to question the service provided by the animal, I'm sure there were some, and are some today. I did see a Capucin monkey that was used to remind a person when she had forgotten to take a medication.

I think you've hit it on the head regarding false service animals, people are so self-centered that any amount of money or trouble to get the immigration paperwork done to allow their pet to accompany them is worth it.

As for John Heald, I can't figure out if he is truly clueless, or an inveterate pot-stirrer.

Thanks for the reply Chief.

I still mostly enjoy John's posts, just not when he seems to be clueless as to maritime rules and regs, or company policy or actual law, that I think he should know. Him asking that question was only to stir the pot in my opinion.

As for the Capucin monkey, surely these days there are better electronic ways to alert to remind someone to take their pills without necessitating having a monkey or even taking a monkey on a cruise.

ex techie

The disability board in cc has a huge thread about cruising with service dogs, I encourage anyone with an interest in the subject to check it out.

Of course abusers ruin it for everyone but please remember...just because a person doesn't look like they need a service dog (to you) doesn't mean there isn't a disability.

Of course abusers ruin it for everyone but please remember...just because a person doesn't look like they need a service dog (to you) doesn't mean there isn't a disability.

And remember, the same thing applies to HA parking placards, plates, etc. The fact that you can't SEE the disability doesn't mean that it isn't there.

• 1 month later...

Our first Galley tour was during the early dinner service. There was food everywhere!! Hundreds of salads laid out waiting to go out. Bread coming out of hot ovens, Desserts laid out on several large tables. No animals should be in a kitchen. Anyone with a handicap should have a human companion with them at all times. There was slippery floors and lots of hot areas that one might hurt themselves. People were rushing all around us as we walked through.