The new Thomson Cruises website

Most of us will have had time to have a look at this after it went live towards the end of last week. Thomsons occasionally still visit here but I will be emailing them with a summary of the views and observations of forum members and my own too to provide feedback as I am aware that they are seeking feedback to improve it now and in the future.

Could you please add any observations regarding the website please :-

What you feel is better on the new website ?

eg chance to select more than one airport for UK departure

What could be further improved and how ?

eg Prebooked cabins can be actually either paid for or far better selected on line.

What you feel is worse and why and how you would change it ?

eg ............

What you feel is totally missing ?

eg Cruise only option

What errors you have spotted ?

eg 5kg logo for hand luggage

Any other comments on the website - positive or otherwise.

eg interactive maps,the extra details on the ship pages etc or the loss

of the option to choose a specific date rather than a full month etc

Thank you.

I really miss the "cruise only" option . There are hundreds, if not thousands of us expat Brits living here in Spain that need a to be able to book cruise only

Exactly!

Thomson are continually telling us to phone them if we need to book Cruise Only. Our friends rang yesterday only to be told by the responder that she hadn't a clue how to book CO and couldn't even give them a price.

Nightmare!!!

Exactly!

Thomson are continually telling us to phone them if we need to book Cruise Only. Our friends rang yesterday only to be told by the responder that she hadn't a clue how to book CO and couldn't even give them a price.

Nightmare!!!

What an appalling response, I'm glad we already have a cruise only booked for Oct next year, but I also like to keep my eye on the prices for late deals from Malaga. Surely somebody in the Thomson organisation is looking at the problem

Most of us will have had time to have a look at this after it went live towards the end of last week. Thomsons occasionally still visit here but I will be emailing them with a summary of the views and observations of forum members and my own too to provide feedback as I am aware that they are seeking feedback to improve it now and in the future.

manythanks for taking the time to do this hudders.... much appreciated

heres my comments:

there is still no facility to prebook a cabin online

manage my booking is still not working

no cruise only

on the plus side: the deck plans are a lot better than before and even has a useful button which greys out the L shape bed configuration from the double bed configuration cabins on spirit & celeb

and I like the option to select all the uk airports

Even more confusing is the hand luggage shown as 5kg. Someone on FB has posted a reply to their query at Thomson saying that cruises still get 7kg. Someone else has been told existing bookings get 7kg, new bookings get 5kg, and my TA says cruises have always had 5kg.

We know airports have queried the weight before, but accept that it should be 7kg when shown the paperwork.

Even more confusing is the hand luggage shown as 5kg. Someone on FB has posted a reply to their query at Thomson saying that cruises still get 7kg. Someone else has been told existing bookings get 7kg, new bookings get 5kg, and my TA says cruises have always had 5kg

You couldn't make this up !!!

Especially the bit about the TA.

Wait a minute - this is Thomsons........they regularly don't do joined up thinking !!!

manythanks for taking the time to do this hudders.... much appreciated

heres my comments:

there is still no facility to prebook a cabin online

manage my booking is still not working

no cruise only

on the plus side: the deck plans are a lot better than before and even has a useful button which greys out the L shape bed configuration from the double bed configuration cabins on spirit & celeb

and I like the option to select all the uk airports

I know it's me - but I can't seem to find a deck,plan if I do a dummy booking?

First serious look at the new site, checking prices for Sep 2016 on Celebration for two weeks, its ok for start dates 1st or 15th but the 8th is for some reason not showing and I know its available as I've checked with my TA. Also for traveling on the 1st its £200 cheaper than the 15th:confused: but did notice that Grecian Legends only has four POC :eek:as its overnighting in Dubrovnik which is ok on a one weeker but a bit of a pain if you are on a B T B:rolleyes:

The new web site now says that a cruise only can be booked via phone number provided.

This in fact is not the case phoned number today staff member said we can do this but not sure how, phoned me back to say she had been told that it cannot be done .

Found a different phone number for Thompson cruise called number staff member said yes that can be done and while I cannot price this for you I will pass you to a colleague who can.

Once again this staff member said give me a few mins and I will call back with a quote , the call back was indeed made but it was to say that in fact cruise only was no longer available.

The question is why does the web site on the front page provide a number to book cruise only but staff at Thompson have no means to do this.

Also not having the option on the new web site makes checking various dates or tracking prices impossible even if quote can at some point be provided by phone.

Something else I was told during one of my calls is that only flights that coincide exactly with cruise dates can be booked , cannot for example fly out a few days before start of cruise or stay a few days after end of cruise.

All in all this means all Thomson now let customers do is cruise One or two weeks, or cruise one week and stay one week , very restrictive and a backward step.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to collate responses and get them sent to Thompson.

Thanks for the responses on this thread and the comments on the other ones too - if anyone has anything else to add please do so as I will be sending my email in the next couple of days.

I can add that the email will be reaching someone who is expecting the feedback from me so now is the time to make the comments and suggestions !!

Thanks for the responses on this thread and the comments on the other ones too - if anyone has anything else to add please do so as I will be sending my email in the next couple of days.

I can add that the email will be reaching someone who is expecting the feedback from me so now is the time to make the comments and suggestions !!

Thanks for taking the time to do this on our behalfs , for us and many other who live overseas the "Cruise Only " is especially important to us.

Glyn

We have just booked Mayan Treasures/Pride of Panama at the weekend after 3 weeks of the site telling me that for that date all I could book was Pride of Panama/Pride of Panama.

Got a confirmation e mail off them and the itinery is different to the website in so much as the site says we stop at Trujillo, Honduras but the e mail says Belize city which was dropped from the site weeks ago.So not sure where we are going

The confirmation e mail also says that no transfers are included! I dont think for a minute that is the case but how long does it take to amend an e mail so customers get correct info

Finally they include a nice link to check baggage allowances.Unfortunately the link is outdated and doesnt work.:mad::mad:

Finally they include a nice link to check baggage allowances.Unfortunately the link is outdated and doesnt work.:mad::mad:

Because of the 5kg "glitch" on the website I went onto my e-mail for January to hit the baggage link, and mine doesn't work either. Must be the same as the transfers, something they cannot put right.

My main gripe is that I was only offered the basic inside cabin, and it said you would get the chance to change the cabin type before you confirmed the booking. I did a dummy booking and this didn't show, got as far as the payment screen and still no chance to change.

I liked being able to look at the different prices for the different cabin type.

Not really impressed with the new website.

My main gripe is that I was only offered the basic inside cabin, and it said you would get the chance to change the cabin type before you confirmed the booking. I did a dummy booking and this didn't show, got as far as the payment screen and still no chance to change.

I liked being able to look at the different prices for the different cabin type.

Not really impressed with the new website.

Just realised I may be doing them an injustice. Tried booking a different cruise and there was a chance to change cabins, so perhaps on my first choice cruise there are only inside cabins left. If so, then oops, sorry Thomson, but it would be nice if it told you that somewhere, rather than saying you will get a chance to change the cabin type later. :o