Slightly dumb question from a newbie

perditax

With the disclaimer that I'm not trying to 'start' anything, I'm slightly apprehensive about the age of Summit, and some recent threads about the rude passenger base from NJ.

May I add in my 2 cents worth? If I were you, I would try to find maybe a newer ship than the Summit. Reason being: We were on the ship twice - the second time around, the ship was getting ready for dry dock right after our cruise - nobody seemed to care about ship cleanliness, crew was getting anxious to get off, service was not great, etc. It kept us away from Celebrity for almost 7 years because of this but the newer ships brought us back. We were thoroughly impressed with the Eclipse last year and we'll be on the Solstice in January. So, in the interim, we did more cruises on Carnival, RCI and Princess. A ship that's getting up there in age can still be a good ship once it has a few things done cosmetically but when you don't take care of it and nobody cares, the passengers start to feel that as well and that's how we felt - not taken care of. Trust me on those Solstice-class ships - they are great!

With the disclaimer that I'm not trying to 'start' anything, I'm slightly apprehensive about the age of Summit, and some recent threads about the rude passenger base from NJ.

Don't be afraid of the Summit. Sailed on her this past May and will be on her again May next year. I don't fly so Summit from Bayonne is my only choice if I want to sail Celebrity. While I would love to try a newer ship I am very happy with the Summit. And you will find a wide mix of passengers.

Laura