Disney Cruise Website

jackparts

I am a frequent cruiser, lately with 10 in family over Thanksgiving. I do not use a TA or PCC, like to do my own thing. For some reason, I cannot get any pricing or port information on Disney website. Trying to find out which ship stops at Costa Maya over Thanksgiving, 2016

I just looked also, and don't see anything for Costa Maya. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that Costa Maya was a temporary port of call for DCL; normally on the East coast of Mexico they only go to Cozumel and that seems to be the case for all of 2016.

We are trying DCL for the first time after many cruises with Princess and RCCL. I have to say I hope the sailing experience is better than the website experience. This has to be the worst cruise line website period. Log on issues, down time and always an excuse that they are working on it when I call. We are sailing next week and I can't even log on to modify shore excursions.... Anyone else having issues??

We are trying DCL for the first time after many cruises with Princess and RCCL. I have to say I hope the sailing experience is better than the website experience. This has to be the worst cruise line website period. Log on issues, down time and always an excuse that they are working on it when I call. We are sailing next week and I can't even log on to modify shore excursions.... Anyone else having issues??

Yes, many people.

The new website roll out has been ongoing for several weeks. Some people were still being directed to the old site, while others were directed to the new, depending on what servers (I think that's the right word) each person had. It appears that today they made the new site available to all. And it jammed up a lot of us who had been able to get to the new site. Now we can't get to either.

I attempted to log in and it said my email/password were incorrect.

Even when it does work, I agree that the new site has to be the worst cruise line website there is. :(

You can no longer select a specific stateroom except from the 8 max they choose to show as available per category. Although the port adventures seem better organized than before (when the site works), they appear to have eliminated certain excursions, including 2-tank scuba diving in Tortola and St. Thomas. :confused:

I could mention numerous other gripes I have, but the bottom line is that I am baffled by DCL's compulsion to publish a glitch-filled, error filled, totally frustrating website LIVE when they know we rely on it for bookings, modifications, online check-in and reserving port adventures and activities. I am one of those who used to complain about their previous site, but to me it was golden compared to their new one! :(

The Disney site used to be fabulously easy to use: as early as September. And then something changed.

My browser doesn't even recognize it so I can't see anything anymore. My husband's laptop can see the site, but yeah, it seems to be a mess to deal with.

It's really too bad.

Alley

If it makes you feel any better, the Disney Vacation Club website isn't much better. Maybe it would have something to do with the foreign IT workers they hired to replace the American workers?

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was so mad that they fired U.S. workers and hired foreign IT people -- without allowing them to become U.S. citizens. How convenient for Disney.

Really sad.

Alley

• 2 weeks later...
I am also struggling with their new site. It does not appear to allow the user to select their dining time or transportation options. Also, not seeing option for vacation insurance. Am I missing something?

No, you cannot (at this time - maybe it will change) select a dining time when making a reservation now. It defaults to late seating for everyone. Once the reservation is made you can call DCL and switch it to early.

Don't know about the transportation thing. We've always just added it by calling.

I'm surprised that the insurance option wouldn't be there. Did you go all the way through the booking process? Maybe it's a choice just before confirming the reservation.