Specialty dining package- visit same venue twice?

asmith19

Is it possible to visit the same restaurant more than once when a 4 or 5 visit specialty restaurant package is purchased? Can most or all visits be to one restaurant? Or are you required to go to different ones?

I understand that one may not want to go to the same restaurant repeatedly. Just curious, and trying to understand before committing.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

You're required to go to different ones. For example, the 5 package on the Reflection is 1 Qsine, 1 Murano, 1 LCG and 2 Tuscan. They choose the first restaurant then you pick the rest. I used to buy packages all the time. I don't anymore. Now I will try to get one of the few unlimited dining plans for $200ish or, I will just book at the set up desk outside the buffet where they camp out daily trying to recruit people. The discount will be comparable and that way, you can go wherever you want.

Edited by purpletequila

Is it possible to visit the same restaurant more than once when a 4 or 5 visit specialty restaurant package is purchased? Can most or all visits be to one restaurant? Or are you required to go to different ones?

I understand that one may not want to go to the same restaurant repeatedly. Just curious, and trying to understand before committing.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

The pkg price you paid includes a discount incentive % based on regular prices of the restaurants listed in the pkg. It been reported that pkg switches have not been allowed.

Personally, I would go to the Lawn Club Grill 3-4 times if allowed to switch in the 3-4-5 pkg. Besides, the pkg plans spread the volume across different restaurants to manage capacity.

Please note that specialty lunches at $25-30 are often offered on certain sea days - check on board for when/where offered. Happy Cruising

My Son is on RCCL right now with a 5 Restaurant package and they are letting him go to the same restaurant all week with the package.

If Celebrity were as flexible, then MANY would grab the pkg discount to use as they chose and this would disrupt capacity and staffing levels across the various restaurants. I have only ever seen reports on this board of pax reporting not being allowed to switch outside pkg plan. Good Luck

...Personally, I would go to the Lawn Club Grill 3-4 times if allowed to switch in the 3-4-5 pkg.

I hear ya! Agreed! loved the Lawn Club Grill. Had the 5 dinner package this past March on the Silhouette for our group of six and the Lawn Club Grill won hands down as the groups favourite.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thank you! Somehow I've never seen this document, and it is very helpful! I also didn't know there was an "unlimited" specialty dining option. Good to know. As always, you are a wealth of info. :D

Does anyone know how to book the unlimited specialty dining?

Edited by asmith19
Additional question

I was on Silhouette in July/August. I had the 4 dinner package and I was not very happy about going to Qsine. I spoke to the maitre 'd in Lawn Club grill and he was able to cancel Qsine and book me into Lawn Club Grill for a 2nd dinner.

Does anyone know how to book the unlimited specialty dining?

It is only bookable on board, and may not apply to all sailings or itineraries. Once on board, find any of the restaurant booking tables and see if it's available.