Wine store in League City, TX area

edwar2cf

Hey - I'm from the area (45 & 646 in LC).

The Specs on 518 in LC is a good-sized store - about the size of a typical CVS or Walgreens. I've never really paid attention to their wine selection (mostly beer for me), but it is probably going to have the best selection in the immediate area assuming you're staying somewhere on 45.

Otherwise, you're looking at HEB at 45 & 646 or the HEB and Kroger at South Shore and 96 which probably have the typical grocery store selection (though I remember being surprised at how much wine that Kroger @ South Shore had). Hope that helps.

Steve

HEB on 96 at Shore Shore Blvd has a good selection and samples offered of select wines most times of the day. I usually have help there picking out wine from a sommelier-like employee. Kroger on 96 across from the HEB is competing now with a bigger wine selection and their own sommelier-like employee. I haven't noticed samples. Specs would have a larger selection, but the prices were higher last time I went in. We usually buy wine from the HEB at 96 and South Shore. It has a nice department.

HEB on 96 at Shore Shore Blvd has a good selection and samples offered of select wines most times of the day. I usually have help there picking out wine from a sommelier-like employee. Kroger on 96 across from the HEB is competing now with a bigger wine selection and their own sommelier-like employee. I haven't noticed samples. Specs would have a larger selection, but the prices were higher last time I went in. We usually buy wine from the HEB at 96 and South Shore. It has a nice department.

Thanks!