Cunard TV Channels

new2crooz

What channels do you get on cruises to the Med including as far as Greece? Will any of BBC1, ITV, BBC News and Sky News be available during part or all of the trip? Thanks.

There is a range of Live Sattelite TV ( depending on reception at sea ) and these include CNN, BBC International, Discovery Channel, Sky News, ITV etc. I don't think BBC 1 is shown on board.

Similarly, what kind of devices can we attach to the TV to watch pre-downloaded movies/shows? Would a tablet or USB stick work on QE TVs? If cabins have DVD players, is it free to rent DVDs from somewhere (where)?

Thanks.

Only Cabins Q4 and up have DVD Players on board QE, if you booked a Princess Suite or above, you can request a DVD Player once onboard. There is no USB port in the TV's but HDMI and VGA ports can be used to couple your camera eg to the TV.

However, there are chanels which continuously show movies

There is no ITV or Discovery Channel shown as far as I'm aware. I do remember however back in 2008 or 2009 I think it was watching the X Factor on our cabin TV. But the only live channels now are news channels such as those mentioned above plus a couple of other US news channels and Sky Sports News.

Thanks for all the info. Disappointed re: BBC1 as was very much hoping to keep uptodate on Strictly;-( I do recall on the transatlantics that got BBC news for first half of journey and as got closer to the US, got Fox News. Had hoped being in the Med that would continue to get BBC, but Sky News will be great if there. Will just have to wait and see.

Is there a good range of DVDs to borrow on the ship, and do we have to pay for borrowing them? Similarly, is there a cost to borrowing books from the library?

Thanks.

I'm sure we've had BBC worldwide news everywhere we've cruised but not BBC1. And I'm sure we've always had Fox news everywhere too. But I only flick through the US channels so can't be too sure.

Borrowing of library books is free. I'm not aware of there being any DVDs to borrow.