Halifax, Nova Scotia - a video travelogue

ianbutty

I was visiting Canada last month on the MV Marco Polo. I recorded a number of video travelogues of the port's we visited. I've just uploaded the one for Halifax, Nova Scotia.

The aim of the video travelogues is in part to be my record of my visit. But also to help others who are going there to see what the place is like, and to show a few of the things to see and to photograph. (I am a photographer so the latter is important to me).

Here's the Halifax one, I hope it might be of interest to anyone who has visited or who is intending to visit.

[YOUTUBE]RebDPV0lryA[/YOUTUBE]

Any comments and feedback welcome.

Edited by ianbutty

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your comments and positive feedback. I created one for each of the ports we visited on the cruise and will share the others over the coming weeks but only infrequently as I don't want to swamp the board with them.

Really cool video, glad that you had a good trip here to Halifax. I can't believe you walked all the way from the Pier to Fairview Lawn, that is a bit of a hike.

Really like the effect you used in the video for the photos, what editing software do you use and what is that effect called.

Really cool video, glad that you had a good trip here to Halifax. I can't believe you walked all the way from the Pier to Fairview Lawn, that is a bit of a hike.

Yup, a little over 4 miles according to my GPS. I did get the bus back though.

Really like the effect you used in the video for the photos, what editing software do you use and what is that effect called.

I use Proshow Producer to create the photo sequences and generate a high def video of just photo animation with a black title frame between each section. I then import that video into Adobe Premiere CC and split that video into sections and drop them into the main video at the appropriate points.

The photo captions are typed into each image in Adobe Lightroom. That is something I have to do anyhow, then that information is extracted by Proshow Producer and displayed below each image.

It all sounds much more complex than it actually is - now I am familiar with the technique it's quite mechanical.