Star 8th Floor Cabins

LTC

Does anyone know how noisy the cabins are over the Stardust Theater and Spinnaker Lounge? Has anyone stayed in an obstructed view cabin who had a view that wasn't just a lifeboat.

We stayed right above the theater last year. During the day you can hear the rehearsing and you will know when the shows are going on. That said, I'd take the room again as the noise was just not that bad. I've had worse noise from people next door.

Does anyone know how noisy the cabins are over the Stardust Theater and Spinnaker Lounge? Has anyone stayed in an obstructed view cabin who had a view that wasn't just a lifeboat.

Can't answer the noise issue. We are going to be in obstructed on our next cruise. Cabins 8562 and 8062 are or were coded this way as obstructed but if you look at any outside photos they will have a clear view out of their cabin window. Now it looks straight out so you might not have much a view towards the front of the ship because of a wall and it being the end cabin but you can see out to sea with no life boat in your way. We have one of these cabins just for this reason - our NCL CC let us know about them. :D

Edited by NUPDCOP
typo

It is 12:01 AM in room 8163, and the noise from the Spinnaker lounge is ridiculous. We complained about the sound and we're given ear plugs as a solution. Really.

The staff is nice, the ship is clean, but the noise in this room is unbearable when you need to sleep. I can't...sleep...so I'm writing this.

We stayed right above the theater last year. During the day you can hear the rehearsing and you will know when the shows are going on. That said, I'd take the room again as the noise was just not that bad. I've had worse noise from people next door.

It is 12:01 AM in room 8163, and the noise from the Spinnaker lounge is ridiculous. We complained about the sound and we're given ear plugs as a solution. Really.

The staff is nice, the ship is clean, but the noise in this room is unbearable when you need to sleep. I can't...sleep...so I'm writing this.

Yes looking at the Deck Plan and your cabin location places you almost right over center stage of the Spinnaker Lounge.

And like a high rise building NOISE travels upwards - terribly LOUD acoustics.

Really NCL should cut a hole in the deck/floor and give you a inside balcony (loge) to view the entertainment.

Hi there, Just got off the Star and though the cruise had its share of problems our aft suite 8172 was lovely!!!

We were directly over the stage at the spinnaker. We never heard anything more than a soft hum. I was prepared to be disturbed by it but it was never an issue. I generally have trouble falling to sleep especially if there is unwanted noise. I slept like a baby. I would not hesitate to book this cabin again..although NEVER after a transatlantic sailing or dry dock. :-)