Oceania insignia need info please

Balcony Lounger

We were on the first post fire voyage that Insignia undertook as we did a World Cruise segment from Singapore to Shanghai in March. Here's a review of the ship that I posted on the forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2202923

If you have the stamina I also wrote about the cruise under the heading "Live from Insignia" but a lot of the information there is about what we did off the ship so mostly of interest to people cruising in SE Asia.

Hopefully some of the information will be helpful.

Jan - I know as I have cruised on all of Princess' and Oceania's R ships at one time or another and the difference is very obvious.

We are doing Princess' Japan cruises B2B as O does not offer anything like that.

I suspect they will eventually do something like that as has been the case for many other itineraries (Indian Ocean, Circumnavigation of Australia, West coast of Africa, etc) - Oceania will do the eventually if I was willing to wait long enough :D I choose not to wait as tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us :)

I dont blame you..that sounds like an awesome itin..I like the round trip SFO on Princess to Hawaii..nice easy trip for us!!

Jancruz1

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a TA cruise on Insignia after the refurbishment and thought the ship was lovely. It was our first cruise on Oceania after several on Silversea, Seabourn and Regent, so did not know what to expect. We booked a PH, found it to be a very nice cabin with a super attentive and intuitive butler who took great care of us.

The weather got a bit iffy at times, so more inside activities were added for us when the outside became too wet and wild for a few days.

The food was great except for a couple of missteps, but then again, I am pretty picky. We bought a liquor package and made good use of it.

The entertainment was weak, even after the beverage package. A few of the acts were entertaining, but overall, only one or two evenings were memorable.

My favorite part of the cruise, however, were the people onboard. Both the crew and passengers were very friendly and very down to earth, something we did not find on other cruise lines. The crowd was pretty senior, which made us feel pretty young (a nice feeling!), but they were an active bunch.

The ship did very well in very rough seas, and got us safely across the Northern Atlantic. The public rooms looked great and we especially liked the Baristas and Martinis. We would have booked another cruise next year, but the one we wanted is waitlisted. So, onto Plan B.