Elite Benefits

Shogun

As someone who almost always travels alone, I don't see why I should be penalized by a loyalty system that would only count days when I spend twice as much to cruise by myself. *shrugs* I guess some people would see me as having "paid" my way to Elite. Whatever.

But I also see the Elite status as something that Princess doesn't have to do. The benefits are a nice gift from them to me for choosing to continue cruising with them, rather than bouncing all over the industry. They certainly don't have to offer me free booze in little bottles and free internet minutes, but I like that they do. Ditto with my airline loyalty program. They don't have to, but I do like the perqs and it keeps me flying with one airline (for the most part).

As an Elite I must admit I do like the free laundry perk and would like to suggest to Princess that should a cruise be top heavy with Elites using the perk and turn around times being 72 hours or more that a possible solution would be to let me do my own laundry BUT refund my shipboard account for the cost of my doing it.

That way I still get the "free" laundry but without the extended turn around wait and it would help lessen the load on the ship's laundry.

Just a thought.

I like this suggestion as most of the laundry facilities on board have been (or are in the process of) being converted to tokens or card swipe to activate the washers and dryers.

At the end of each day, Princess could scan the Elite accounts and reverse the laundry token purchases that day.

Paul

I like this suggestion as most of the laundry facilities on board have been (or are in the process of) being converted to tokens or card swipe to activate the washers and dryers.

At the end of each day, Princess could scan the Elite accounts and reverse the laundry token purchases that day.

I do not think that would work in a general situation and could just be possible if an individual specifically requests when ship's laundry takes days.

Why do I say this? I can see some elites buying lots of tokens to hand out to non-elite friends.

Sorry folks, I am not getting into the nuts and bolts of this discussion but I have just finished reading all the posts and am laughing because it reminds me of that scene in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"....the one where the characters are trying to decide the fairest way to divide up the $$ when they find it....anyone know the one I mean?

This movie is one year older than I am (go ahead, do the math if you want :p) and I've loved this movie ever since I was old enough to watch it with my Grandmother. Funny that it's quoted here in CC about a thread for or against perks. :cool: