5 days to go

kevg1889

Just 5 days to go until my DW and I board our first cruise from Marseille on the MSC Fantasia - really excited - any last minute tips for us first timers??

Just got back from Divina. Had a great time!

If you book the unlimited Alligrissimo drink package (we did), do it in advance and pay in Euro. It's much cheaper than in dollars (26 Euro/day vs. $35/day). The drink package included coffee drinks and gelato (yum).

Bring an extension cord, as there's only one outlet (as is the case with ships).

Make sure you check out a number of the shows. We thought they were very good.

Don't get hung up on very minor annoyances. Some slam MSC because of what I consider to be minor issues. Don't sweat the small stuff.

And above all, have fun!

Edited by Stockjock

Glad you had a great time Stockjock. We booked the Allegrissimo at the time of booking & plan to get our moneys worth, especially on cocktails. I bought a 4 plug extension lead after advise on here, so hopefully that will see us through. I cant wait to see the shows, and just take in the luxury of the ship. Got a feeling I could become hooked!!

My Wife and I are just off the sister ship, the Preziosa. We had a great time and the ship was stunning. We also had the Allegrissimo Package which is worthwhile, however we prepaid prior to the cruise at £22 pppd. With the rates as they are, I would wait until check-in. The current Euro rate works out at £19.50pppd. On our ship 7 of the bars had nightly entertainment, most of which was really good. Enjoy your cruise.

Which ports did you have on your cruise? We depart from Marseille calling at Genoa, Naples, Messina, Valletta, Palma & Barcelona

We started in Genoa, then Civitaveccia, Palermo, Cagliari, Palma, Valencia, Marseille and back to Genoa. We found that because MSC embark/disembark passengers at each stop there wasn't the huge crowds waiting to get on/off that we have experienced with other cruise lines. The weather was also superb, the only rain was on the Wed morning as we sailed from Sardinia to Majorca.

My Wife and I are just off the sister ship, the Preziosa. We had a great time and the ship was stunning. We also had the Allegrissimo Package which is worthwhile, however we prepaid prior to the cruise at £22 pppd. With the rates as they are, I would wait until check-in. The current Euro rate works out at £19.50pppd. On our ship 7 of the bars had nightly entertainment, most of which was really good. Enjoy your cruise.

It's probably too late to pre book now; and the onboard rate will have 15% service charge added making it £22.43. Not much in it, but it is still cheaper to prebook.

Edited by Skier52

It's probably too late to pre book now; and the onboard rate will have 15% service charge added making it £22.43. Not much in it, but it is still cheaper to prebook.

Point taken. I didn't realise that 15% was added to the quoted 26 Euros pppd, although to be honest I didn't pay much attention to the Desks having already pre-purchased the Package..

• 1 month later...
Did any of u go it alone with excursions and any tips or highlights. We go 26/2/16

We mostly did the MSC tours. For the most part, we thought they were pretty good and well-priced. True, not as personal as arranging private tours, but very convenient and again at a lower cost than I was used to with other cruise lines.