Verizon gift cards...

ccdaniel2707

Bought ours :D now wondering how long they take to be received in the mail? Final payment is in a month, hoping we recieve by then. :)

I bought one $500 this month. It took a week before I got any kind of response, and then they wanted me to call and confirm my address and that I had actually placed the order. I confirmed 4 days ago and have heard nothing further. They said I would get a shipping notification with tracking number, but have not received that yet.

I don't think they get in any hurry.

Edited by winddawn

i guess i'm going to forego these. after a phone conversation with my PVP he told me that he'd seen "too many problems and hang ups processing these" and that problems had to be handled through "a third party" and that he considered them "potential complications in the payoff process". not too happy with that response but now i'm too wary to go ahead. i'm guessing that this attitude might be "PVP-specific". :-/

i like saving money, but i guess i'm going to skip them.

I have never had a problem using my gift card to pay for my cruise. I was just able to get another $500 just now that I plan to use to pay for my trips next year.

i'm not doubting that this is a decent way to go. just thinking that since i have a PVP who isnt willing to work with them, that i could run into issues. may payoff date is a month away and i'm also seeing some delays in getting the higher priced ones. would have been buying two $500 and a few $100's so looking at a savings of almost $150. i like savings but this PVP has me nervous so i'll likely sit this one out. :-(

Just tried to purchase the cards and am being told they are sold out. Wanted to purchase the $500 cards but didn't see them. Only saw $100 ones. Am I looking in the right place? Are all of the cards offered / listed together or does each denomination have a separate listing?

2 weeks ago, I bought one $500 from AARP and one $500 from Verizon Wireless. Bought them same time, same day. I received the AARP one yesterday and the Verizon one didn't ship out until yesterday. Not sure why. I did call and verify the address for both of them on the same day. Perhaps it was just a one-time glitch with Verizon?

i'm not doubting that this is a decent way to go. just thinking that since i have a PVP who isnt willing to work with them, that i could run into issues. may payoff date is a month away and i'm also seeing some delays in getting the higher priced ones. would have been buying two $500 and a few $100's so looking at a savings of almost $150. i like savings but this PVP has me nervous so i'll likely sit this one out. :-(

$150 is a lot of $$....

i guess i'm going to forego these. after a phone conversation with my PVP he told me that he'd seen "too many problems and hang ups processing these" and that problems had to be handled through "a third party" and that he considered them "potential complications in the payoff process". not too happy with that response but now i'm too wary to go ahead. i'm guessing that this attitude might be "PVP-specific". :-/

i like saving money, but i guess i'm going to skip them.

Wow, NEVER heard of this as I paid off our upcoming cruise with them and had NO issues, plus quite a bit saved for our S&S account! 10% is well worth it! I would forgo the PVP and just do it yourself online, or get rid of them and ask for a different one, it sounds like to me that they do not want "work" for you, sounds like a bunch of lame excuses!

Wow, NEVER heard of this as I paid off our upcoming cruise with them and had NO issues, plus quite a bit saved for our S&S account! 10% is well worth it! I would forgo the PVP and just do it yourself online, or get rid of them and ask for a different one, it sounds like to me that they do not want "work" for you, sounds like a bunch of lame excuses!

Yep.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It sure does!

Really hope I have no issues. I've never purchased theses before. I have $1000.00 worth of cards and plan on using them on my S & S card for the Cheers pkg.

Don't know what's up with that PVP. People from first time cruisers to seasoned vets use these gift cards, so I don't know why they would all of a sudden be a problem processing them for your reservation. I hate when people give out bad information. Too bad. It is a money saver. I have to stop myself from buying them. I feel like a drug addict sometimes!!!:p

I have been buying these cards for well over a year now and have purchased $11,000 in gift cards in that time. I have never had a problem getting them or using them.

In the beginning I would call my PVP to pay off the cruise with them but now I just do it all myself online.

I have taken them onboard the ship and had them applied at Guest Services and have also applied them myself at the kiosk. You can also use them when booking excursions online.

They are a little extra work for the PVPs when they have to enter multiple numbers but so what. That is what they are getting paid for.

I was reading the fine print on the $500 cards and it mentions EGIFT...??

"Get ready for a good time on Carnival Cruise Lines! Carnival eGift Cards can be used for almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise,activities/shore excursions, and redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks, and fun."

I have been buying the $100 cards and know those are actual cards, are the $500 cards Ecards?