Post cruise: what to do with bags with time to spare.

Sunset888

This is the time that you do a Pre or Post Cruise Holiday and stay at a local hotel in your first and/or last port on the cruise. A few tips for a new cruiser. Always get to the starting port city a day ahead unless you live in it. Arrive early and look around you as there may be interesting sites to see. Buses and cabs can get you almost anywhere. Same thing for post cruise. Find a hotel (Google is your friend) and do the same thing. Tour the city and get on your flight home the next day much more relaxed. This is the way to add value to an already great vacation time.

Our last Eastern Med Cruise we arrived in Barcelona Spain the morning of the day before our cruise. We checked into the Arts Hotel and went up to the concierge level. The hotel stored our luggage as our room was not yet ready. We had lunch there and took one of the 11 Battery Run Smart Cars that were available to us. We toured the city for 2 hours, stopping here and there, including driving by their Olympic Host Site. We had a blast. The other end of the cruise (14 days) was in Venice Italy. Our last day was spend the night on the ship.

Really nice. Got up the next morning and off to the Marco Polo airport for the flight home. When you cruise, there are lots of opportunities to expand on the cruise and have more fun doing it. Good luck on your cruise.

On a 12 hour layover in Sidney, I was able to check my luggage early. That left me free to take the train to Circular Quay and wander around until I needed to catch my flight.

The train between Circular Quay (where the cruise terminal is) and the airport is convenient enough that I wouldn't hesitate to check my luggage in at the airport and then head back to sight see.

Hi

We have a few hours spare before our flight departs Sydney when we arrive back after our cruise.Any tips on on where we could leave bags while we fill in the time? Any lockers at the port?

Cheers.

The ship comes in at one of the two main cruise docks in Sydney, White Bay or Circular Quay. From White Bay you will be able to get transportation directly to the airport which is about 15 Km (10 miles) south.

There you can check yourselves in as well as your luggage and go back to Sydney to enjoy the day.

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,80MFB_jsLOFlpj3A1vmBUhtSvg3K7SModOVkiqrYX0Kg_uBZ06Dnz6esYvBz3kNPMsuS90FY_p_qavYrFVJnTp4I9GhbpAGL3jkIgNhvWP2HA5tLyUaorvMOns3BDFQlDasfZWPmOSAFAAlo_QpqsH8,GEJSNIUZswvHTaZQnSQxgux0IlkwDiRXs2brSTNUzJw06J8Qmp7b-7X7r9xgHI7Yu7m2axT6pQ_IrLpUsoqms9Dl5pFvgEWe5fWOFXXBSPQLFdfIX7jK-R1gqeMplqxDlVIg3XVNZkPhsrSkyl8OhJI1OiZLBP0rx4ND-R4DgHZdoHJQTshtxo1Oc6QwEuLiaIt_auW3FZ61M_OB6wiUsKd48659DeeBbNUOK4hXxiaUKe5ahrt_jMLCjKt4INE58wOmA2T2b6X8EpaN8gUINd_Zr9M-xiUVmDc1bxtDgL5IoQOXQDvnDmYEh_NMYt1sKqM0pZNef8XClRg9JUFq6lcnGuhhAFbCfzVanHt2ECNxT5hgZjGHSXJsx6i1wFYzxv8KLu0GJnMXO69Bt7fEG0MDsBct9supFVZ_ZEIV?scale=1&h=200&w=555

If you arrive in Circular Quay, you will be, literally, a few meters away from a major Park Hyatt Hotel where you may be able to convince the bell captain to hold your luggage for a few hours (probably for a fee).

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,wtBS6pW1Q7JcVrBoXgYq0SKLk4HvyiMNEjgd4hOc7-vJkSU5NoCroBD3tQZWCumJ_RBloZ--F5gop4jXcRrlwgJhAsLGFEUF1ug31TPzsD4rHkqTFQNbf_rop-6aa04-ZUvDorgUtIvJjFWBM3Pcpw8,j1ApkR3BBUwMM9rrzajh4_BLZ1NVCvj7yIKTzTALfuVo34OLuOTBezbAL5JofGoNa2ksUcKIwkgeehWOSYzF9EA1qkX7Wol9BcoUat-XJLAHU9bo9FvUg3QMkCUh7Xwjx7WdLcj4_XmXDcHJbSqg5KjKFI2txYbd_4wV1l3uYDFneRe-lUIRwvue2rZtCJXczzc1c1cqcnCQO15MH_cX_iPLcn2rUXcwaQz5uAPDfvdAQSFOq8NhWDTZhQHtKq-46URvP-V7kS51XIjHq01HIdfpFBgTZzu42_oZJ9kPyj-ldsEofwbnFm28UCt5HQUWRCc-8FS5sXYOwT-6yRAEP9x6PPAcLx0Xz_4DdqGzOMCYwWjZWI34s4oHGt-Lc5HYVsl7YDLLuJ-egpyvVchotbwkxkJg2Ht3O_8au73gtHuG?scale=1&h=200&w=555

A wonderful way to spend a few hours is to take a tour of the Opera House complex which is walking distance from the cruise dock at Circular Quay (also referred to as The Rocks.) There is also a tourist shopping centre in the Rocks designed to take full advantage of the cruise traffic. Finally the Harbour Bridge is right there and will permit the brave types to climb up to the top.

A less scary possibility is the Royal Botanic Gardens, also within walking distance which is beautifully maintained and well worth the time.

Finally, Circular is the "Grand Central Station" of Sydney's extensive ferry system. If you'd like to try a great seafood restaurant (Doyles), take the Watson's Bay boat (a 20 minute trip). But watch the schedule. The ferry runs at 30 minute intervals until around Noon, then hourly.

Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by Host Walt