US Dollars

winniesbestm8

We use a Halifax clarity credit card and withdraw US dollars from ATMs in the Caribbean. This gives us the best rate possible. See moneysavingexpert.com for detailed info on how to get the best rates

Edited by loobs40

We use a Halifax clarity credit card and withdraw US dollars from ATMs in the Caribbean. This gives us the best rate possible. See moneysavingexpert.com for detailed info on how to get the best rates

Ditto. Great card.

Always get our foreign currency from Thomas Exchange Global. There have various branches in London (where we live) but also do an online service. Have never been able to find a better rate and no minimum amount.

We always take some cash and have 2 CCs with no foreign exchange transaction charges.

TEG great if you live/work in London. They charge for delivery below a certain amount. Our daughter sometimes gets currency for us from them as she works near one of their now many branches. A few years ago they only had a few branches.

Do you think it is worth holding off for a bit?

way pound is going is chance might go up few cents thats chance you take i exchanged my pound in my Local Travel agent where i booked my cruise on Britannia got fare rate $1,52 might go up it might fall but i was happy with exchange rate and of course they had lots of small dollar bills :)