Falmouth on a Tight Budget

cruiseJMO

Please help my mother and I enjoy Falmouth on a very tight budget.

A couple circumstances have just changed that have left us with a couple of weeks to figure out something much less costly than our previous plans for this port.

I know the different boards to look at on this site, but since I am so short on time, I'm reaching out for help from some of you fabulous CC members.

Born and raised beach-side Florida, I'm in my 30's. My wonderful, fun mother is not too much older.

We would normally be into trying the Blue Hole or something fun and active, but I'm not seeing anything in our new budget. Seems the fun stuff is a bit of a drive, costing quite a bit just to get to for just 2 people.

With that said, we would enjoy authentic food, alcoholic beverages, maybe some beach if the water & sand is nice.

We're also not typically frightened of the natives in any of the Caribbean islands. We have ventured off to some incredible places that most cruise ship passengers do not.

We're in port 10-6.

Specific suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Skip the AI as that is where your prices will soar. Buy a drink as you go. If you are at Falmouth, I suggest a shuttle to a beach; $20 apx for round trip shuttle, $? entry fee for beach club- Doctors cave or Bamboo Beach, $? cost for drinks. If you are at Mo Bay, pricing should be just a little less.

Not sure what a "tight" budget is. We haven't been to Falmouth but based on a lot of research we've decided to do the culinary tour in a few weeks. $49 ea, about 3 hours of walking, learning, and eating. Gets rave reviews all over the place and seems like an easy and safe way to experience Falmouth our first time in port. Google "Jamaica Culinary Tour".

Not sure what a "tight" budget is. We haven't been to Falmouth but based on a lot of research we've decided to do the culinary tour in a few weeks. $49 ea, about 3 hours of walking, learning, and eating. Gets rave reviews all over the place and seems like an easy and safe way to experience Falmouth our first time in port. Google "Jamaica Culinary Tour".

So glad I tagged in. This sounds fantastic, as water-based activities are out for us. Thanks for the information!:)

That culinary tour is about the right price. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Also looking into the nearby Burwood Beach & Leon's Lobster Hut.

Burwood seems to be a very nice public beach that is uncrowded, mostly locals. Leon's Lobster Hut is right by it, and it's rated #1 in Trip Advisor for Falmouth restaurants.

Anyone have any experience and maybe pics of these places? I'll try asking in a new thread.

I was looking at this for our stop in Falmouth on November 16th. When are you going?