Carnival called about excursions.

NPCIN

I missed a call from Carnival yesterday and they didn't leave a message. I thought it was the upgrade or upsell fairy calling as I'm sailing in like 60 days, so I called Carnival back as soon as I could so I didn't miss out if that was the case. Turns out...Carnival wanted to know if I needed help with booking any excursions. I told the agent that I had already booked one excursion. She seemed surprised like she didn't already know. She asked about the other ports of call and I told her I was doing things on my own at the other ports of a call.

This was the first time any cruise line has called me about needing help booking excursions. Is this becoming a common practice? Makes me wonder if they've not sold many excursions so far for my upcoming cruise.

I missed a call from Carnival yesterday and they didn't leave a message. I thought it was the upgrade or upsell fairy calling as I'm sailing in like 60 days, so I called Carnival back as soon as I could so I didn't miss out if that was the case. Turns out...Carnival wanted to know if I needed help with booking any excursions. I told the agent that I had already booked one excursion. She seemed surprised like she didn't already know. She asked about the other ports of call and I told her I was doing things on my own at the other ports of a call.

This was the first time any cruise line has called me about needing help booking excursions. Is this becoming a common practice? Makes me wonder if they've not sold many excursions so far for my upcoming cruise.

I'm not finding the excursions all that wonderful. Maybe I'm not picking the right ones but maybe people are doing more and more on their own because of this.

I haven't been called either, but I have gotten several emails regarding excursions since the time I booked our cruise. These started before excursions were even able to be booked... Carnival is just trying to make money!

We generally book our own. Carnival is trying to make a few extra bucks selling excursions

On my upcoming cruise...Carnival is charging $109 per person for a particular excursion I was interested in. I found out that you can book direct with the same "tour" company and excursion for $55 per person that Carnival sets the guests up with.

On my upcoming cruise...Carnival is charging $109 per person for a particular excursion I was interested in. I found out that you can book direct with the same "tour" company and excursion for $55 per person that Carnival sets the guests up with.

Since its same company, use Carnivals excursion price guarantee. We did that last year and got $18 back to our sail n sign per person, which was the 110% difference.

Carnival has a supposed price guarantee for excursions. I wonder if anyone has taken them up on it?

I did get a call last week from Carnival wanting to know if I needed help booking excursions for our December cruise. She was a little pushy and even told me that unless I book through Carnival, I should just stay on the ship especially in Jamaica. I thanked her for her concern and hung up.

After 24 cruises on Carnival and 11 cruises on other lines, we had never received a call about booking excursions. I wasn't home, but DH told the woman we had booked excursions on our upcoming cruise. After having just attended a program about fraud protection and identify theft, I told DH the call was a scam from someone looking for our credit card number. Guess the call was legitimate after all and I was just being a little paranoid.