NCL activity card program

spintowin

I have only one NCL cruise on the Star under my belt. I noticed many people at the end of that cruise redeeming a punch card for freebies. I should have asked then how to get involved, but didn't. Now, I have NCL Jewel booked for next month and I am curious. Anyone know?

Ask any member of the cruise staff. It's only worth it if you like trivia, name that tune, quiz games like that. They stopped giving immediate prizes for those, and instead everyone who participates gets a signature on these cards. If you collect a bunch of signatures, on the last full day of the cruise you can redeem them for NCL logo stuff.

Thanks! I am surprised they give anything for free. RCI used to have Ship Shape Dollars that you would earn for doing classes in the gym or activities that got your body moving. It was very popular and fun. Was sad to see it end.

Usually activities organized by the cruise director's staff such as trivia, shuffleboard "tournament", crazy golf (sometimes Ryder cup), and so on are the activities that get you signatures. If you win, you get two signatures. At the end, there will a time to cash in your signatures for NCL stuff like t-shirts, can koozies, beach balls, pens, decks of cards, key chains, and so on. Nothing worth much, so if those types of things don't interest you, then don't worry about the signatures, just have fun at the activities. We have lots of t-shirts. :cool:

Show up at morning trivia and find out all about it!!!

Edited by drvalo

Yeah I wonder what ever happened to my "I got Ship Shape" t-shirts :p

The nice thing about NCL's approach is that you don't have to win to get prizes. And the prizes are nothing out of this world. So I think this helps keep the trivia buffs from taking the games too seriously…

Here's what they were offering last time we sailed:

• can cooler (aka beer koozie): 4 points
  • playing cards: 10 points
  • water bottle: 16 points
  • t-shirt: 20 points
  • mug: 30 points
  • tote bag: 35 points