Cruising Carribean islands questions

ppxyz

Our family would like to visit the following islands but in one long

trip. Which is best way to do it. Do you know of any cruise that covers

all of the below. I saw only certain islands covered by cruise ships.

Jamaica

Haiti

Dominican Republic

Puerto Rico

Saint Thomas, Saint Marten and Saint Lucia

Antigua - not particular

Barbados

Trinidad & Tobago

Aruba

I know of no cruise, other than a chartered yacht, that would even go to Haiti which is no longer a tourist destination. Trinidad and Tabago are also , to my knwledge, not on cruise intineraries. Aruba is on some HAL itineraries. Jamaca is on Western Caribbean itineraries. I have never seen a stop in the Dominican Republic on any itineraries of the mass market lines. The other islands are generally on Eastern Caribbean itineraries. Just search the cruise lines web pages. Many islands, such as Tobago, do not have facilities for cruise ships to tender, let alone dock. Also cruise ships need to reprovision and therefore need facilities to do so which can be depended upon on a regular basis. Perhaps your list needs revision?

B. :)

There are a lot on islands on your list so you choose one from column A and one from Column B. Trinidad is a stop for HAL. The DR (Casa de Campo) most of the lines and a waste unless you are a golfer), the Saints are on most cruise lines, Barbados on Celebrity from PR, Antigua also on southern tours, noone travels to Haiti unless you travel on a US Navy or Marine ship well armed and Jamaica is also available on Western Car. trips.

Decide what you want to see. I have found most ships hit either STT or STM for the shoppers and 3-4 other islands if traveling 10-12 days. I seem to repeat 2 islands every cruise but take different tours while there.

Perhaps you need to book Back to Back (B2B) cruises. Most of these island I believe could be visited if you research and plan it right. Most likely you would need to fly to San Juan and embark from there as well as "change" ships from there for the second leg. This, of course, would involve 2 weeks + travel time to and from San Juan.

Good luck.

Thanks. taking Haiti off the list. I am open to a land and cruise or the B2B cruises sound great. Pls. provide me suggestions for doing the B2B cruise that covers the following. really appreciate all the suggestions

· Jamaica

· Dominican Republic

· Puerto Rico

· Saint Thomas, Saint Marten and Saint Lucia

· Antigua -

· Barbados

· Trinidad & Tobago

Aruba

Wish I had the opportunity to have done a b2b but my dh is lawyer and seems we are lucky to get away for the 10 days we have coming up in Nov. (2 days precruise in San Juan and 7 day cruise and 1 day back) however:

We are sailing a 7 day cruise on Serenade of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) that covers a bunch on your list.... start in San Juan Puerto Rico, then each day is a new island in this order: St.Thomas, St. Maarten/Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia and then Barbados. Last day is at sea back up to San Juan.

You would then need to find another cruise beginning in San Juan that would cover as many of the other islands as you can that would coincide with your debarking day from the first cruise. Another alternative would be to see if you could get off in Barbados as some cruiselines have cruises starting from there and would be closer to Trinidad/Tobago, Aruba, hhmmm maybe Dominican Rep. and Jamaica would be on that one too. You should get a really good travel agent too. She/he could make it alot easier for you.

Anyway have fun wherever you end up :p

I called 2-3 cruise web sites and asked them for a B2B cruises. None of them seemed to find one port that is a union of them. Example if I start from San Juan, they said there is no way to cover Jamaica, Aruba. I know for sure I need a Southern cruise but stuck on which cruise to take that covers Jamaica and Aruba.

Also looks like only Princess travels to Trinidad but the islands with it are not the ones we want to visit. Will keep researching more. Its funny how there are so many cruises but there isnt one that satisfies this itinerary!!

Archived