Drinks & gratuity packages.

bugleboy58

Hi.

We are doing a 7 day cruise on Carnival dream in January/February 2016, since booking we have read details of drinks & gratuity packages offered, can anyone let us know if these are any good???

Kindest regards.

John & Lorna:)

It all depends on your drinking habits. There is no gratuity package. They are $12/person/day. They can be adjusted or removed completely at by st services.

Search the forums. There is plenty of information on both of these topics.

Hi.

We are doing a 7 day cruise on Carnival dream in January/February 2016, since booking we have read details of drinks & gratuity packages offered, can anyone let us know if these are any good???

Kindest regards.

John & Lorna:)

You can elect to prepay your gratuities (I normally do). Just call your TA or PVP and let them know.

As far as the "drinks" packages ... there is Bottomless Bubbles (soft drinks) and Cheers (alcohol). Just use those terms in the search forum box and you'll find lots of information :)

Have a great cruise!

We decided against the cheers program (with everyone here's input) See we are dreaming on Dec 27th for 7 days! Anywoo...both parties have to get the cheers if one in the cabin does....tips are included per say and you have to buy it for the whole cruise...Breaks down to a whooping 804.00 and change for seven days for two...Avg. achchol 100.00 a day price...for two! Hubby and I are getting off ship at all three ports so that leaves 4 days and many many drinks to drink to make the cost figure out...Get what I mean. Also I can not drink 15 drinks a day (and Walk)and hubby would have to drink my extra to make it worth it...LOL That is a lot of corona at 4.95 plus 15% tip for him to drink! I would love for him to remember the cruise! LOL ROFL Also you got to cut out another whole evening on our cruise because free champaine will be served on New Years Eve...See it is not worth it for us...Now the bottomless buddies makes since for us...I love sprite and OJ and cranberry juice...We are thinking about just getting a bottle of there vocka and bam all the mixers are free

......We are thinking about just getting a bottle of there vocka and bam all the mixers are free

That's what I do. Their bottles of vodka are expensive but it does give you an entire liter so I get the bottomless bubbles and just pour a generous amount of vodka into my Tervis mug and carry it around to spike my juices with.

Edited by Jana60

We decided against the cheers program (with everyone here's input) See we are dreaming on Dec 27th for 7 days! Anywoo...both parties have to get the cheers if one in the cabin does....tips are included per say and you have to buy it for the whole cruise...Breaks down to a whooping 804.00 and change for seven days for two...Avg. achchol 100.00 a day price...for two! Hubby and I are getting off ship at all three ports so that leaves 4 days and many many drinks to drink to make the cost figure out...Get what I mean. Also I can not drink 15 drinks a day (and Walk)and hubby would have to drink my extra to make it worth it...LOL That is a lot of corona at 4.95 plus 15% tip for him to drink! I would love for him to remember the cruise! LOL ROFL Also you got to cut out another whole evening on our cruise because free champaine will be served on New Years Eve...See it is not worth it for us...Now the bottomless buddies makes since for us...I love sprite and OJ and cranberry juice...We are thinking about just getting a bottle of there vocka and bam all the mixers are free

LOL $800 for drinks. I don't spend that in a year!!