Choice Air Question

2flacruisers

We are looking at booking an Alaskan cruise and would like to know about your experience with Choice Air. We can book the cruise prior to 10/25 and have a $25.00 deposit.

If we are going to use Choice Air, do we have to book that at the same time, or can we book it at the time we make our final payment...I'm afraid if we book the air at the same time, and then have to cancel the cruise prior to the last payment, we will not get our money back for the airfare, unless we select the refundable ticket, which is much more pricey. If we wait to purchase the airfare closer to the final payment date, there may be an increase in the price of the ticket..

What to do, what to do.....any input would be greatly appreciated..

The only time you have to buy choice air close to when you book the ticket is when Celebrity is running some sort of special discount on choice air tickets booked with a cruise. Not sure if we'll see more of these now that we have good better best....but keep an eye on the offers.

One caution with choice air....if you do book using choice air and decide to cancel your cruise, your air tickets will be cancelled. We thought we'd take a land trip instead of a cruise using choice air tickets (and cancelling the cruise) but we changed our mind when someone pointed out that little tidbit which Celebrity fails to explain anywhere.

We do use choice air for one way tickets to Europe...very cost effective. For round trips, we've always found equal or less expensive fares at any of the air booking sites.

I just booked my cruise (Baltic) and because the choice air was so much less than anything on Kayak, I booked with CA. Flights are non stop to London on Delta. When I went on line to select my seats I found out that even though it has a Delta #, it is operated by Virgin Air. No problem....except to reserve seats more than 24 hours in advance cost minimum of $40/pp. Surprise. 😳

We are looking at booking an Alaskan cruise and would like to know about your experience with Choice Air. We can book the cruise prior to 10/25 and have a $25.00 deposit.

If we are going to use Choice Air, do we have to book that at the same time, or can we book it at the time we make our final payment...I'm afraid if we book the air at the same time, and then have to cancel the cruise prior to the last payment, we will not get our money back for the airfare, unless we select the refundable ticket, which is much more pricey. If we wait to purchase the airfare closer to the final payment date, there may be an increase in the price of the ticket..

What to do, what to do.....any input would be greatly appreciated..

We have used choice air twice and have had no problems. This year we booked about 5 weeks before departure with no issues. It was international but the fare had not changed from when I checked it 6 months earlier.

We had been trying to book a multi city trip through Choice Air this week for a British Isles cruise. After watching the posted offerings on Choice Air site and checking the options of flights, prices, and routes, we tri d to sel ft one option. It told us the option sel cited was no longer available. It was through United so I checked the availability of the same flights on United site and I saw it was available. I called Customer Service to get assistance and was told it was some system error.

We waited a day and tried it again and tried several flight opti No all returning errors. I called Customer Service and even emailed and was told same thing that site was having a system issue but they could book me manually for a higher fare.

I had heard of this before with Choice Air and it disturbs me they advertise rates and flights yet they aren't available.

I would look for flights elsewhere unless Choice Air has unbelievable better rates.

We used CA for a Caribbean cruise. The prices were the same as what we found on Kayak. We went with CA since it gave us peace of mind that the cruise line would help us if we had weather problems the day of travel. We could not book our seats on CA but we got our reservation number and went into the airline website and were able to book our seats.

Thanks everyone...I spoke with a Celebrity representative this morning and was able to verify what you have all told me...went ahead and booked the cruise and will check back a few months prior to the cruise to book with CA...will also purchase the cruise insurance...just in case :D

We used CA for a Caribbean cruise. The prices were the same as what we found on Kayak. We went with CA since it gave us peace of mind that the cruise line would help us if we had weather problems the day of travel. We could not book our seats on CA but we got our reservation number and went into the airline website and were able to book our seats.

We also preferred to used CA for the same reason of travel assistance if needed. The issue was if you have to shop for a flight option from hundreds offered and none of the links work, yet they still show as available you get frustrated. If when you call to inquire and they try to sell you a high r rate, you question their integrity.

We also preferred to used CA for the same reason of travel assistance if needed. The issue was if you have to shop for a flight option from hundreds offered and none of the links work, yet they still show as available you get frustrated. If when you call to inquire and they try to sell you a high r rate, you question their integrity.

My thoughts exactly..hopefully, there won't be an issue when I get on line to look for the airfare...

I find Choice Air is better for the international departures (price wise that is) than domestic North American flights...

Before bookign with Choice Air I would do my homework on airfare from Florida on your own.

We fly Vancouver or Seattle to orlando frequently and usually find very good deals!

If your cruise is leaving out of Vancouver than flying into Seattle is definitely an option - the transfer time is approx 3 hours and there is an airport shuttle bus that runs 6 times daily called "Quick Shuttle" there is also the option of using the Amtrack Train - cheaper not not nearly as convenient but a nicer ride... (if using Amtrak make sure you are coming to Vancovuer BC as there is also a Vancouver Washington - which is on the Oregon border)

However I will only fly into Seattle if I am saving $200 per ticket otherwise I do not feel the savings equal the inconvenience.

I find Choice Air is better for the international departures (price wise that is) than domestic North American flights...

Before bookign with Choice Air I would do my homework on airfare from Florida on your own.

We fly Vancouver or Seattle to orlando frequently and usually find very good deals!

If your cruise is leaving out of Vancouver than flying into Seattle is definitely an option - the transfer time is approx 3 hours and there is an airport shuttle bus that runs 6 times daily called "Quick Shuttle" there is also the option of using the Amtrack Train - cheaper not not nearly as convenient but a nicer ride... (if using Amtrak make sure you are coming to Vancovuer BC as there is also a Vancouver Washington - which is on the Oregon border)

However I will only fly into Seattle if I am saving $200 per ticket otherwise I do not feel the savings equal the inconvenience.

Thanks for the info..cruise leaves from Vancouver, ends in Seattle...I have found that the airfare is less expensive that route..

My thoughts exactly..hopefully, there won't be an issue when I get on line to look for the airfare...

Our first experience with Choice only gave us three or four flight options using American Airlines on the website. We checked the AA site, saw what we wanted, then called Choice. They were able to book our preferred flights at the same price listed on Choice. The rep said that that is almost always the case. Since then we use the Choice site and the AA site for research but book via live person on the phone. Most recently we wanted to fly LAX to PSA prior to our transatlantic. We wanted AA nonstop to LHR then on to PSA but there is only one flight a day from LHR to PSA and the connection didn't work. We asked Choice if we could overnight in London then on to Pisa the next day. No problem, fare was the same.