Teppanyaki time on gem ?

2boyzmom

As I recall there are 2 dining times for ten yaks. Is this the same for the gem ? We want to see welcome aboard show but not sure about dining times. Sorry I meant teppanyaki.

Edited by 2boyzmom

We have 6:15 on the BA in a couple of weeks.
Teppanyaki on BA has a lot more tables/seats than on the Gem (like 3 or 4 times more), so they can offer a wider range of times. But I think there should still be more than just two seatings on the Gem. Like watchdiva said, keep an eye on your myNCL when reservations open up. There should be no problem working around the Welcome Aboard show.

Went in to make reservations today for our group of 3 (with UDP) and saw the choices for reservation were either 2 or 4. Is that normal? Maybe I needed to check another night....
Yes, check the other nights. But there's no reason they can't take you as a party of 3 if they have room for 4! If you really want to book for that night, maybe you can do it over the phone.

If you have the UDP, you could also go ahead and book for 4 (you shouldn't have to pay anything) and then modify the reservation on board.

Went in to make reservations today for our group of 3 (with UDP) and saw the choices for reservation were either 2 or 4. Is that normal? Maybe I needed to check another night....
It will be the same on all nights. Apparently the system doesn't take odd numbers. I was told to make the reservations for 1 more than I needed and if I had the UDP (which I did), just cancel the other party when I get onboard the ship. If you don't have a UDP/SDP, you would have to pay for the odd person and would get that refunded to you as OBC on the cruise.

Can I book online with the UDP ? The system knows not to charge ?
Yes, it should know. When you click on "Dining" all the specialty restaurants should be listed with a price of "$0.00", and it should let you book for up to 6 people without requiring any payment.

Yes, check the other nights. But there's no reason they can't take you as a party of 3 if they have room for 4! If you really want to book for that night, maybe you can do it over the phone.

If you have the UDP, you could also go ahead and book for 4 (you shouldn't have to pay anything) and then modify the reservation on board.

I ran into the same problem...I am a solo traveler...i went unto myncl.com to make dinner reservations...have the UDP....they gave me two different times...and again it said for 2 people.... I called up ncl....and they told me when i do get onboard to either go down to the guest services desk, or call the restaurant....and have that changed to a party of 1....as if i do not call...and i do just show up the day of reservation...they are going to charge me for an extra person....which i cannot understand.... but i will make sure to have the reservation changed to 1 person....

Can I book online with the UDP ? The system knows not to charge ?
Yes and it will not charge you. Also, if you make a reservation for your entire party and some don't have the UDP, they will not charge you at the time of booking for them. Those without UDP, will be charged at the end of the dinner.

The system only accepts even numbers for bookings online. However, if you do over book, as a courtesy to others, I would release the extra slot as soon as you board, that may allow another person in that wouldn't get the slot. They will not charge you for the no show.

The system only accepts even numbers for bookings online. However, if you do over book, as a courtesy to others, I would release the extra slot as soon as you board, that may allow another person in that wouldn't get the slot. They will not charge you for the no show.
I don't know about the Gem, but currently for the Epic the system accepts any party size from 1 to 6 people, not only even numbers. Although on one day of our cruise, it only gives options for 2, 3, or 4 people, which is very odd (sure, they don't any room left for large parties that day, but if they will take a party of 3, why won't they take a party of 1?)

I have never heard of anyone ever being charged for no-showing (UDP or not), and I suspect like you that it may be just a threat and they never actually follow through. But obviously everyone should still do the right thing and cancel/modify their reservations.