How does it work when passengers embark at different ports?

lovedecruise

Hi, we are looking at a cruise around NZ but have noticed that the original cruise we were considering is now being offered as 3 different cruises. Eg

Option one: Syd to Syd round trip via NZ for 12 nights

Option two: Syd to Auckland - 3 Nights ( the first 3 nights of this cruise)

Option three: Auckland to Auckland ie, embarking on this cruise as it passes through Auckland, back to Syd where it drops the original cruisers off and picks up another lot before starting on a new cruise back to Auckland NZ where those who joined it in AKL are dropped off.

With all these comings and goings, how do they manage the Captain's welcome party, final night etc etc. eg. those who embarked at the beginning of the cruise, can they expect another welcome party when a new lot of people embark 3 nights later?

It is my understanding you only have to attend the muster drill once.

I may also post this on the Aust/NZ site but I thought I would get a wider audience here who may have experienced this in other ports.

Thanks for your help.

If the majority are already onboard (eg SYD) then there will be a special welcome for AKL joiners in something like Skywalkers or Vista.

If AKL joiners are onboard when the majority change (eg SYD) then they get to go to another Atrium welcome.

Yes, muster drill only once.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

We did Fremantle to Sydney recently. Some passengers disembarked in Darwin. and new ones embarked. Some passengers disembarked in Brisbane and I think a group of TA's joined us there. The only thing we noticed was in Darwin where the newcomers were trying to work out where their safety briefing was being held. Final night was the night before arriving in Sydney ie at the end of the full cruise. Not sure what they'd do on a split cruise like Sydney-Sydney mixed with Auckland-Auckland but I suspect the Sydney-Sydney cruise would be considered the main one.