rental car (orlando)

awdl2000

We are renting with Budget (a mini van) that can be picked up at the airport in Orlando....we are driving to Miami and dropping off at the Miami airport and taking a cab or shuttle to Port of Miami. Some of the rental car companies cannot be picked up at the airport...so that is something to consider. You may have to take a shuttle to the rental company. I prefer those AT the airport. Check on the airport website for those that are on site.

When I last vacationed, I had two one way rentals from and to different locations. The first was a rental from San Diego to LA. I figured I'd save money and went with a not so well known rental agency. Well I did save money, but I waited for their shuttle bus at the airport for an hour with my wife and four children. Then waited another hour to get through the paperwork and into the vehicle.:( The vehicle was great, but I had an upsetting feeling about the possibility of getting door dings etc. The second rental was from LA to San Fran. I rented from Hertz and I was at their office and in the vehicle in about five minutes and felt very relaxed. My point is look at the bigger agencies (Hertz, Budget, Avis , Alamo). You are on vacation, It is all about relaxation.:)

Hi everyone,

i was wondering if you could give me a few rental car companies to pick up at orlando, and drop off in port caneveral.

Thanks

I don't kow which day of the week you are travelling but be sure they are open on Sundays if this is the day you are travelling.. I experienced this a few weeks back and I believe it was Budget that wasn't open on Sundays..

Have a good time..

I just spoke to Hertz and they told me that none of the car rental companies are on site now, she said it was because of the changes at Orlando airpot, she said they all have shuttles that take you off sight, about 5 minutes away?

Unless this has changed since 8/27 Hertz is not telling the truth. We were just in Orlando and picked up our car from National by walking across the street to the parking garage the same as we have done every year. The other companies who were there before also had cars in their lots, I know one was Avis and I think Alamo. We always use either Budget or Avis when we cruise, whichever has the lowest price. I have Avis reserved for our to the port and Budget for back to MCO in December. We had National in August because most of our 11 days were spent in Florida with only a 4 day cruise, we just paid the extra for convience and kept the car.

We rented from Budget this past August. We picked up the car at the airport and kept it over night while we stayed at the Raddisson at the port. We even drove to Cocoa Beach and to the touristy shops. In the morning we returned the car and they shuttled us over to the terminal. Very easy. Only cost $33.00. They picked us up within 5 minutes of us getting off the ship and shuttled us back to their office and we were in our car going back to the airport in 10 minutes! Best $35.00 we ever spent! Total expense was $68.00. Cheaper than any shuttle service. :)

Archived