Cost for Single in cabin?

Matcodixon

Booked a solo cabin for a Regal cruise in January, and the fare was 200% of the per person fare, minus one set of port fees and taxes.

But I do have a question. Is the single supplement lower if you book a less expensive cabin, such as an inside? I've found that to be the case on a Celebrity cruise I booked, in an ocean view cabin where the SS was about 160%, but a balcony was 200%.

...But I do have a question. Is the single supplement lower if you book a less expensive cabin, such as an inside? I've found that to be the case on a Celebrity cruise I booked, in an ocean view cabin where the SS was about 160%, but a balcony was 200%.

That was the case on my recent coastal on the Ruby. I managed to snag an inside for 160%. That rate was offered for a brief time for insides and OVs only. Balconies and above were 200%.

I suspect the temporary drop from 200% to 160% was to balance out bookings with 3 or 4 per cabin, but have no way of knowing for sure. All categories went back to 200% after a few days, though.

On one cruise several years ago, he got his rate at 160% for an ocean view cabin. I booked closer to sailing and got my rate at 200%. Our cabins were right next to each other. We both paid the same price. From the time he booked and I booked, the prices went down and it evened out.

So don't look at the percent, look at the whole price.

Yes but by booking early I got the better cabin steward :)