Pre-dinner drinks

Schplinky

Most people hit the Martini/Champagne Bar (very crowded on our last cruise on Summit) or Michael's Club before dinner. Sometimes it is hard to finish your drink before having to head for the dining room. I'm sure Celebrity would rather us buy the drinks and bring them to the dining room then not buy them because we don't have time to finish them.

If other passengers feel it's "uncouthed" I've never noticed. Anyway, too bad if they do.

Anne Maria

When you are invited to dine with the Captain you first meet for pre dinner drinks. The waitress brings your unfinished drinks to the captains table for you. So if it's done there i'm sure it's appropriate to do anywhere. Have a great cruise...

When we brought drinks from the bar to the dining room there was a waiter/staffperson at the entrance to the dining room who carried our drinks on a tray to our table. This was very helpful when trying to make your way through the crowded dining room in heels.

The Martinis, at $10.69 each tip included, are no problem to bring into the dining room. On our just completed cruise on Constellation (Sept 22), one of the Martini Bar Waiters took it all the way to our table in the dining room for my wife.

Wow, drinks are a bit more than on RCCL, the sister line! I don't recall paying more than $7-8 for one on Navigator.

These are bigger martinis! A full 4 ounces of booze plus the other ingredients. You may feel like you are on heels after one of those! :p

These are bigger martinis! A full 4 ounces of booze plus the other ingredients. You may feel like you are on heels after one of those! :p

Thanks Char!

I ordered a martini at Studio 54 in NYC once and it was $17 (this was four years ago, too!) but it was easily the content of two normal sized ones. I was there to see Cabaret and it was neat to think you were drinking in the same place that Andy Warhol, Mick Jagger and all those folk did.

If we go to the martini or champagne bars before diner, is it ok to bring along a drink we haven't finished if we're not done by dinnertime or is that frowned upon?
As I understand it, the only real breach of etiquette is bringing one of those half coconuts with the umbrella in it along to the dining room ;)

As I understand it, the only real breach of etiquette is bringing one of those half coconuts with the umbrella in it along to the dining room ;)

Does this matter only on formal night or is it frowned on during informal and casual nights too? ;)

Archived