Number of formal evenings - info still current?

Gig103

I performed a Google search and found this text:

Cocktail dresses for women and suits or jacket and ties for men are appropriate for formal evenings (1 formal on 4 to 6-night cruises; 2 formals on 7 to 10-night cruises; 3 formals on 11 to 14-night cruises and 4 on 15-night or longer cruises).

However, it wasn't on the current MSC page, but rather the "Cached" version (I could not find it in the current FAQ).

Is it still accurate for Med cruises (not the Divina)? If so, how much do they charge for cleaning and/or pressing of suits/tuxedos? Three or four is sort of stretching it.

• 1 month later...

We sailed on a 7N in the MSC Preziosa recently, and there were 2 Gala nights. That said, the dressing was really relaxed. Some dressed up but most did not. We did not. Flying into Genoa from Singapore, we travelled as light as we could and all I brought was a shirt and black pants.

Sounds right to me. I've usually had 4 or 5 formal nights on long repositioning cruises.

I don't have the prices for dry cleaning evening wear as I take a different gown for each one. I'm in the minority wearing a long gown to most, men wearing a tux are even rarer. The exception is New Year galas when a few more make an appearance and you even see a few in full highland dress.

A lot of people mix and match their evening outfits not going the full hog. I love to dress up and usually fly with BA or AF where an extra luggage allowance is cheap.

Edited by AmoMondo