Espresso

HALrunner

Just wondering if the International Cafe is the only place to get espresso on the Emerald? Also, would a coffee card be worth it if I only intend to get a double shot of espresso every morning of a 7 day cruise? Thanks!

$33 divided by 7 = $4.71

If I recall prices for coffees at the IC correctly, you would just barely break even.

Your decision if it would be worth it or not.

I'm my experience you can order specialty coffee in the main dining rooms. I think your assistant waiter runs to the IC to get it, but they don't act like it is s a problem.

Hmmm, do they charge for it in the MDR? I know HAL didn't in the past, but now does. If they do charge for it, can you use the coffee card or is it only for the IC? (sorry if this is a silly question, I haven't sailed PCL for about 10 years!)

Alessandrina....I think you answered a question I didn't think to ask....the cost of a double shot of espresso! That makes the math easier to figure out! Thanks!

Yes they do charge in the dining room.

Yes you can use your coffee card.

The International cafe has the espresso machines as well as there is one behind the bar at the main pool on Emerald. I believe it is the "Calypso bar" on Lido, just outside Horizon court. They also accept the coffee card. If you order espresso in the Horizon court they will get it from this bar and punch your card.

It may be a "wash" if all you are ordering is one espresso per day, but I'm pretty sure some charge extra for a double espresso. It depends on who is behind the counter. Also that coffee card can be used on a future cruise if there remains unpunched holes. Rules say they will only buy regular coffees at the IRC but there have been times they allowed double espressos. Again, only my experience with the coffee cards.