FIRST TIME EVER Balcony - questions, and any advice please?

CandyCruiser1106

Candy - Sorry this is off topic - My wife Lizabeth and I will be sailing on the Dream soon - we'll be getting on as you're getting off so please bring the ship back safely :) You will enjoy your balcony and you have received some very good advice from everyone here - Have a great cruise - Paul & Lizabeth

Paul: May I ask how you got your Carnival count down clock? Love it. I leave on Saturday Nov 7th on the Freedom.

NEVERMIND I FIGURED IT OUT!. Yay

Edited by AZ Karaoke Girl

Hi Candy! May I also get Matthews contact information sent to shannamperry@gmail.com? We are travelling on the Glory in March. How soon before you sailed did you contact him?

I sent him an email Oct. 18, he did not reply so I called him after 3 days. Our cruise leaves Nov. 1, so about 11 days before sailing.

I did the same thing, and I tried to put that long code here on Cruise Critic, and it did not work. I will play with it again today if I have time! Jana, let me know when you figure it out! :)

you have to copy and paste the code into your User CP..there will be a box under "Edit Signature..no advertising"

Edited by lizziez00

Yes, leaving from New Orleans. Since I've always had interior cabin, I never really noticed that trip down the Mississippi.

I'm curious, I assume this is the Mississippi River? So it takes 8 hours to get to the Gulf?

yes the trip down the Mississippi takes about 7/8 hour to the Gulf...the first couple hours you will pass right up close to tons of big container ships and a few gas/oil refineries.....then after it gets dark its just random lights..you sometimes cant really tell where the land starts, but it is very narrow and super cool. When you get to the gulf, you'll see all the oil rigs out in the water all lit up.

We took the Natchez riverboat tour near Jackson Square the first time we went out of NO and they tell you all about what you see on the river...so It was great to do the same route on the Carnival ships and know what we were passing and the history of it.

LOVE IT!!!!

Edited by lizziez00

Passing another ship reminded me that I have been on a sea day expecting nothing but ocean around me and opened my curtain stark naked only to see a ship right next to us.:eek: Beware!

LOL I have had that issue in Cozumel...not thinking that the ship in port next to us can see right in to my balcony cabin!!! :D

Ok I created a widget and it says to save this big long code. How do I use the code?

Lizziez is right. You have to copy (control c) the code for message boards then go to your user CP tab at the top of CC and find the "edit signature" and paste (control v) the code in the signature area box. That is the same as any other thing you put in your signature. I always preview before I post officially. That can be modified each time something changes.

Ok I created a widget and it says to save this big long code. How do I use the code?

I did it! After you create a widget, it gives you 2 choices of code to use. The first time I tried it, I copied and pasted the "HTML" code, and it didn't work. I just now tried the other code which is UBB Code, and it worked!

Good Morning Paul & Lizabeth! Not sure why, but I'm kinda anxious about this cruise - is there such thing as "balcony cold feet"?? LOL

Fret not. You will fall in love with your balcony. Guaranteed. I've never heard a single person express regrets over tying a balcony stateroom. Even if you never set foot on it you'll still have twice as much glass between you and that wonderful view. That alone makes it worth it.

If you use the light at night, don't forget to turn it off.

Don't open cabin door and balcony at the same time. Papers will go flying and the door will want to slam hard.

Opening the balcony door and room door at the same time can be beneficial occasionally, as in the case of having 4 in a room one may need to get some fresh air into the room ;).

There are 4 of us traveling this time (3 adults, 1 child) and I decided to do a surprise upgrade to an Ocean Suite. My wife and I have been on several cruises alone and have always stayed in an Interior Cabin. I'm sure we will be hooked as well. Traveling Jan 31st on the Conquest.

What an awesome surprise!

Have been on three cruises and have had balcony all three cruises

Reasons I like balcony cabins

1.Do not closed in areas

2.love watching sunrisings and settings(enjoy coffee in mornings and hubby enjoys drink in evening on balcony)

3.love the sound of the ocean

4. love watching getting into ports

5. we take binoculars also ...hoping one day to see a whales or dolphins and would love to see a water spout from a distance(far distance)

We take those big clips and dry our wet clothes on deck with no problem did not know it was against rules

Also our last cruise we had a friend across the way from us in a inside room but loved to come sit with us our cabin steward brought us a third chair and removed the table tight but worked

Yes you can hear your neighbors and vice a versa and you can smell smoke as our last cruise a week ago we were next to smokers but it was tolerable since we had windy days

Next cruise I am going to take an inflatable small ring for our balcony chair as I am short and find it hard to look over railing eye level to wood rails :( so thinking this might help and easy to transport with us and leave or give away after wards

Do make sure you keep door to balcony locked if not in cabin as we heard a couple down from us caught their neighbor climbing over into their balcony and trying to enter their cabin

Have a great time and enjoy your balcony

:eek::eek:"Do make sure you keep door to balcony locked if not in cabin as we heard a couple down from us caught their neighbor climbing over into their balcony and trying to enter their cabin"

I would freak out!

Do make sure you keep door to balcony locked if not in cabin as we heard a couple down from us caught their neighbor climbing over into their balcony and trying to enter their cabin

Have a great time and enjoy your balcony

I hope this was reported and the offender was thrown off the ship

Love the idea of the sunrise and sunset, we will definitely do!

About the "naughty ones" - the neighbors won't be able to hear anything if I give him a lap dance! LOL ;)

They may not hear it but they'll see it in the reflection of the glass. If that doesn't float your boat, you may want to wait until your neighbors aren't sitting out on their balconies.

:eek::eek:"Do make sure you keep door to balcony locked if not in cabin as we heard a couple down from us caught their neighbor climbing over into their balcony and trying to enter their cabin"

I would freak out!

Oh no! That's not good at all.. I was thinking of leaving the door open at night! Not anymore!!