Go Best Pricing with Captain's Club category upgrade?

doctorj2

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Classic Member Benefits*

(after completing your first sailing**)

• Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event

• Access to Reunion Cruise and President's Cruise events

• One category upgrade through AquaClass® (prior to sailing, when available, restrictions apply) ***

• One Complimentary scoop of gelato from the Gelateria (not available on Celebrity Century®)

• 10% off any single Internet package (restrictions may apply)

• 10% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery

• Access to Captain's Club newsletter online

• Use of the Loyalty Desk service center between cruises

• Access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise

• Eligibility for Captain's Club promotions when booking a future cruise onboard

• Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

• Receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership (earn free rentals) with weekly rental discounts, free upgrades, and other special offers. Learn more.

Thanks everyone. You sure can combine the two. Switched promotions from the spring promotion to the go best at the A2 price for the A1 I already had booked. Saved almost $900 in fare and got all the perks! Got the email reservation confirmation while still on the phone.

We actually booked a cruise for next year (with a big box member only discount store) and I had not realized that they had this perk for concierge class cabins. We like a specific C2 cabin and booked it. Imagine my surprise when we were charged the C3 price-and we didn't even have to ask for it.:)

But in the future, I would ask for it.

I'm not going to take a chance that someone else would do it for me (again :D).

Oh yes, got all 3 benefits (plus $300 from the agent).

Edited by Muushka

Does anybody know if one can or has had success in combining the Captain's Club one category upgrade (in this case A2 to A1) with the Go Best pricing plan?

We did exactly this when we booked a future cruise on board our last one

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

My CVP at Celebrity automatically gives me the lesser price when I book through him. Example: I choose an A1 and he prices it as if it were an A2.

Always book the actual cabin you want, and then tell the agent/TA that you should be charged the price for one cabin lower - if they are not familiar with the program. Of course, you also need to give them your CC # in order to qualify.

(As previously noted by another poster, this does not apply if choosing a C1 as they are considered "coveted" cabins. You will not get the C2 price for these.)

You should always tell your travel agent to book one category below(subject to inside/outside... rules) the stateroom that you want. (and pay the lower price) The Captain's Club member number will be necessary to get the one category upgrade.

I do it the opposite way. I book the cabin I want then call Celebrity to get the price reduction.

tried to get a C1 by booking a C2

X reject the request: a upgrade from cat 2 to cat 1 is not covered, only cat 3 to cat2

so we booked a C3 and got a C2

Strange. We've paid for A2s and received A1s. so concierge must be playing by different rules.

The rules the rules.... You got to follow the rules.

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Edited by neverbeenhere