Documents for 8th Dec qm2 cruise

Baxterburdis

Hi has anyone recived thier documents from cunard for the Dec 8th QM2 explores cruise. It says in the brouchure that they should arrive 90 days priorr and i have not recived anything yet.

Also i have booked a GTY will this affet how long they take to come.

Thank you

Baxterburdis

Hi

We are also on this cruise and nothing yet - not even a stateroom assigned (we are in B6). I asked the Cunard call center the other day and they refused to tell me if they mail anything out because we are with a travel agent. They also have not assigned cabins as the ship is still not full.

Hello,

We also have yet to receive any documentation from Cunard.

However, we have been in contact with both our travel agent and Cunard concerning a few issues. In particular, we were a little upset to see that some on-line travel agencies are offering our cabin category at much less than what we paid, now that final payment has been made. We booked a balcony guarantee last spring, and received the "early booking discount". A few weeks before our final payment was due, Cunard was offering additional discounts or on-board credits to certain past passengers. We qualified for the past passenger discount, but not for the on-board credit.

We called Cunard directly to ask why they would be giving a larger discount to non past passengers who did not book early. We did not receive an explanation.

We also had asked for our cabin number, and had been told by our travel agent that we would be getting a hull balcony on Deck 4. After a lengthy telephone conversation with Cunard concerning these new discounts and on-board credits, we were offered an upgrade to a B1 (or A1) balcony on Deck 11.

We are happy with this "upgrade", but are still a little confused at how Cunard can offer these last minute deals, while attempting to satisfy loyal customers. This almost makes one want to wait for these "flash" specials.

All said, we are looking forward to this sailing.

i have now contacted my TA and cunard dircectly they have advised me that the documents have not yet been issued from the head office and to not chase up again untill the last week in october. :confused:

This seems a little late but thats what they say......i am sooooo looking forward to this trip only 9 weeks to go!!!!!

Hi has anyone recived thier documents from cunard for the Dec 8th QM2 explores cruise. It says in the brouchure that they should arrive 90 days priorr and i have not recived anything yet.

Thank you

Baxterburdis

We didn't receive our documents for the QE2 in 2003 until two weeks before the sailing! Since we flew to London for a few days before the sailing, our TA called Cunard to request a rush on them. So who knows when they would have been delivered without the TA's push. They were sent to the TA who then had them delivered to us.

What's a GTY?

I see that Cunard is at it again.

Price slashing it is. The December 8th sailing has been "reduced again" with more "flash" specials. This after final payment of course.

This makes me sick!:mad:

Our B1 balcony is now on sale at 55% off!

I just called the on-line agency to verify these numbers. Ouch!

I presume that Cunard is having a hard time filling the QM2 for this voyage.

So much for early booking and past-passenger rates.:confused:

My wife and I are also booked on the December 8, Queen Mary 2 and have not yet received the travel document booklet. Last year when we sailed on the QM2 in September to New England/Canada, we received the travel document booklet just about two months before the cruise date.

Being that we have booked with AAA, they first receive all documents and later the tickets from Cunard and then mail them to us.

I would expect that we will all be seeing something in the mail soon. In the travel document booklet is the registration form that needs to be mailed back to Cunard and is very important before tickets can be issued.

Let us all hope that those of us who have already made our final payments may be lucky enough to get an upgrade. Be sure you take a look at the new cabin location in your brochure before you say yes. We did receive a price reduction before our final payment was due. It would be nice if everyone received all price reductions regardless of time.

Hope to meet some of you on board. We will eventually see a posting of a "roll call" as the cruise gets closer. The QM2 will be in NYC this Saturday as it ends the New England/Canada cruise and makes a crossing to Southampton.

Terrence

Hi when i called cunard regarding these documents i was informed that i have been upgrade to a Q5 cabin. i'm not sure if this was becouse i booked so early over 18 month ago (brochures were not even out) or if its becouse its to celebrate a few special occasions, ( a suprise holiday for my hubbies 30th / wedding anniversary). I would'nt dare check the offer prices now as i havent had any discounts but the upgrade makes it a lot easier to handel.

Hopefully if the ship is not selling to well then there'll be a few more upgrades given out.

Look forward to seeing everyone onboard.

Lisa

Mustangs,

I'm also on the Dec 8 cruise and I was able to get the lower rate last week even after having made the final payment. I had originally purchased the trip directly through Cunard. I will be getting a refund check for the difference between the original rate and the new rate. Cunard was very accomodating.

Glenn

Thank you

Baxterburdis

We received our documents from our TA today! We received a booklet for each of us along with the Shore Excursions booklet. It included the Guest Registration form. Are these the documents that you were asking about?

Glenn,

Thanks for posting, and congratulations for getting a refund!

When Cunard offered their first round of specials on this sailing, we were able to get a free upgrade from a B4 to a B1. However, the current "special" price of a B1 is over $500 less per person than what we paid for a B4, plus we would qualify for a $100 per person on-board credit. This means that the current B1 cabin price is over $1,200 less than what we paid for the B4.

We have asked Cunard for a discount, and/or on-board credit. We have been told over and over that this "special" is for new bookings only.

Our travel agent (who advertises on this site) has been great, but must be sick of hearing from us. Although she can not get a discount or on-board credit, she is pushing Cunard for an upgrade. Considering this cruise is not selling as well as Cunard had hoped, anything is possible.

Alan

good luck with the upgrade, i have just looked at the prices on the cunard uk website and can not belive the price reduction, we have been upgraded but the price i paid is equivalent to what we now have.

I noticed that the B rooms were not as reduced as the P or Q rooms, with a B1 costing more than a P1!!!!!

These price reductions do really put you of booking early......

good luck with the upgrade, i have just looked at the prices on the cunard uk website and can not belive the price reduction, I noticed that the B rooms were not as reduced as the P or Q rooms, with a B1 costing more than a P1!!!!!

These price reductions do really put you of booking early......

HI TA now offering gaurentee MIN P2 for £1670 for this cruise and £1790 for 26 nov (which we are on ) tried cunard to pay upgrade but would have to pay brochure price of P2 when we booked in jan.... I will NEVER book early again.... some lucky souls are going to get a real bargain.. good luck to them.. coz that will be me next year..

cheers sean

HI TA now offering gaurentee MIN P2 for £1670 for this cruise and £1790 for 26 nov (which we are on ) tried cunard to pay upgrade but would have to pay brochure price of P2 when we booked in jan.... I will NEVER book early again.... some lucky souls are going to get a real bargain.. good luck to them.. coz that will be me next year..

cheers sean

This seems unbelievable bargain :) . Is this available online?if so where? I paid £2.5k for 6 days translantic in P1 in April and this price is tempting me back.

ps If you get a GTY P2 at this amazing price what are your chances of an upgrade to Q cabin? any ideas? Are your chances a lot lower if you pay less than others?

Much appreciated

Dave

This seems unbelievable bargain :) . Is this available online?if so where? I paid £2.5k for 6 days translantic in P1 in April and this price is tempting me back.

ps If you get a GTY P2 at this amazing price what are your chances of an upgrade to Q cabin? any ideas? Are your chances a lot lower if you pay less than others?

Much appreciated

Dave

Hi Cunard Cruiser, This price available from cruise dot co dot uk or co-op travel dot co dot uk since its a guarantee P2 anythings possible eh! you may get the butler - its taught us a lesson - will never book early again!!!!! paid more for inside than P2 guaranteed! Even if you phone cunard themselves they have now dropped their prices (though not as much as TAgents) Good Luck!!................Cheers Sean

Hi Cunard Cruiser, This price available from cruise dot co dot uk or co-op travel dot co dot uk since its a guarantee P2 anythings possible eh! you may get the butler - its taught us a lesson - will never book early again!!!!! paid more for inside than P2 guaranteed! Even if you phone cunard themselves they have now dropped their prices (though not as much as TAgents) Good Luck!!................Cheers Sean

Hi Sean of the seas, I really feel for your position. I have a friend who booked a gty B6 cabin for 8th Dec cruise (almost same as 26th Nov) a couple of weeks ago for brochure price of £1779 less 5% previous passenger less 7% TA discount. Last week he saw that P2 was £1999 on cunard website and was understandably mad. His TA contacted cunard and was told he had been upgraded to Deck 11 B1 cabin and also allowed him to upgrade to P2 if he paid difference (although no 5% previous passenger discount). This he did and is very happy.

I believe that these major discounts are very indicative of exceedingly poor sales and as such you should definetely contact cunard and ask for at least a v. good upgrade or on board credit. I would be surprised if you didn't get a balcony considering the circumstances. Cunard can't afford to mess about with clients as the last thing they need is for everybody to wait till the last minute to book.

good luck

dave

Hi

dtwtraverller you said that you have recived the documents, does it state in them how many formal informal and casual nights there are?

I'm trying to buy my hubbies clothes as it is still a suprise for him and am unsure a to what to get.

Thanks

Lisa

The only thing that the "Shore Excursion Information" states is that there will be:

Officers' Black & White Ball (Formal, Black & White Attire)

Pirate Ball (Informal, Pirate Costumes Optional)

Carnival Ball (Formal, Masks Optional)

I called a few weeks ago and was told that:

12/9, 12/10 and 12/18 will be Formal

12/13 and 12/15 will be Semi-Formal

So I assume that all of the other nights will be informal.

:confused: However, I've heard that whatever the offices tell us can change when we are aboard!

Hope this helps!

We received our Voyage Information booklets yesterday from our AAA travel agent. We filled out the "Guest Registration Form" and faxed it to Cunard.

There is a posting on these boards that explain why we will not be stopping in San Juan. You would think that Cunard would have known that nothing as been done in the harbor since last year to accomodate the draft of the Queen Mary 2. The post states that we will stop at Tortola instead of San Juan.

Hope to met some of you on board. We will have to organize it on these boards as the sailing date gets closer. Don't forget that there is a Cruise Critic log in the QM2 library.

Terrence

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

We have just received our documents for the December 8 sailing. However, we didn't get the shore excursion booklet - will this arrive at a later date?

Concerning our Cruise Critic get-together, it looks like a meeting will be held the second full day at sea, December 10. Hopefully it will be printed in the QM2's daily programme listing time and location. If you are on this "cruise", and would like a message left on your cabin telephone concerning time and place of the meeting, then please post your cabin number in the roll call found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=165431

If you are not comfortable about posting your room number on this site, you may e-mail this information directly to guernsey@canada.com

Please place "QM2" in the title of any e-mails.

Thanks!

Alan

Hello,

We have just received our documents for the December 8 sailing. However, we didn't get the shore excursion booklet - will this arrive at a later date?

Concerning our Cruise Critic get-together, it looks like a meeting will be held the second full day at sea, December 10. Hopefully it will be printed in the QM2's daily programme listing time and location. If you are on this "cruise", and would like a message left on your cabin telephone concerning time and place of the meeting, then please post your cabin number in the roll call found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=165431

If you are not comfortable about posting your room number on this site, you may e-mail this information directly to guernsey@canada.com

Please place "QM2" in the title of any e-mails.

Thanks!

Alan

It seems that Cunard has failed to send out excursion booklets along with the other booklets (one for each passenger with his/her name on it) to some of the 12/8 passengers. I think that you should ask them to send one, since a note in the booklet said that this information won't be available on the ship! They only mailed one excursion booklet for the two of us. Fellow passengers would let you see theirs, but it would be nice for you to peruse it before the sailing, eh?

Archived