Barclay points master card

fototaker

I tried to apply from Carnival's website.... I get a redirected message that this offer has expired! Do you think its a glitch, or has Barclay and Carnival ended their partnership.

I have the card and am about to cash in my $200 obc towards my next cruise. I'm pretty sure the partnership is still going strong!

Edited by brepri_h

I had that problem before too. Either try clearing your browser history, or keep trying periodically over the next few days. Eventually it will pop up. It's worth the wait. 10,000 Fun Points vs only 5,000 directly through the Barclay's site.

I just signed up for this card in hopes of the Black Friday deal that was mentioned in another thread. Does anyone know if I can use the 10,000 bonus points for OBC? Or on payment for an existing booking? Thanks!

I just signed up for this card in hopes of the Black Friday deal that was mentioned in another thread. Does anyone know if I can use the 10,000 bonus points for OBC? Or on payment for an existing booking? Thanks!

You're better off charging something from Carnival and using the 10,000 points to take $100 off. Otherwise you need 12,500 points for $100 OBC.

I got $700 off my 1/3/16 So. Caribbean Journey's cruise and since I paid $769pp for a cove balcony, that's essentially one person free! I use it to pay for everything!

I've only spent $5 so I could get the bonus. I mainly got it for the $100 off and in case they ever run more specials. For my everyday spending I use my Cap 1 Venture card. I get double the points the Carnival card gives and I can redeem for any type of travel, or on any Cruiseline plus a sweet 40,000 sign up bonus which equals a free $400.

I had that problem before too. Either try clearing your browser history, or keep trying periodically over the next few days. Eventually it will pop up. It's worth the wait. 10,000 Fun Points vs only 5,000 directly through the Barclay's site.

Exactly! But for the message claiming the offer is expired... Nope I want the 10,000 bonus points! :)

• 2 weeks later...
If you use the Barclay Carnival MasterCard to purchase Carnival gift cards from the AARP site, will you get 2 "Fun Points" for every $1 spent or will you get just 1 "Fun Point" since the purchase was not through Carnival?

1 point. You are not purchasing through Carnival, you are purchasing through AARP.

I do wish Carnival would end their agreement with Barclays and go with an issuer like Chase, AMEX or Citi. I have a Barclays card and have absolutely no interest in using it because with the exception of maybe their "Arrive Plus" card the perks suck. It's like they don't even try to entice people to get their card.