Dawn OS with 2 balconies

drbeamer

• 4 months later...

All the pictures worked, thank you :)

I do have a couple of questions.

What was the noise level of the cabin, considering its right under the bridge?

What was the wind like on the front balcony while out at sea?

Would you say the size of the bathtub is smaller than ones you would find in a house or about the same size?

Just home from Bermuda cruise in this great suite. Would be happy to answer any questions about the amenities/set up of this cabin. 10006

So glad you liked it! We will be in 10006 November 20th with 2 grandsons for our 50th Anniversary cruise, our daughter, son-in-law, and 2 granddaughters will be right below in 90006 and rest of the party (4) will be in 12532. We were on the Dawn a couple of years ago and loved it! Heard it is scheduled for Dry Dock May 18th. Who was your Butler? Ours before was Jennifer. Will have more questions soon!

I would say the tub is a normal size. I felt it was very quiet. I don't recall hearing anything from above. My parents were in the connecting penthouse via a small hall way. Didn't hear anything from them! You can hear the adjoining cabins balconies if you are outside, but this is normal.

This cruise was very smooth for the Atlantic. We were able to enjoy the front balcony while at sea, during the day which surprised me. The captain seemed to slow it down and we actually fell asleep in the loungers! The side balcony is better protected from the wind. Had nice lunches out there at the table. At night could have a glass of wine out there with a breeze. The front balcony was closed down at night which is s good idea I think. I was able to open it myself in the am

I would say the tub is a normal size. I felt it was very quiet. I don't recall hearing anything from above. My parents were in the connecting penthouse via a small hall way. Didn't hear anything from them! You can hear the adjoining cabins balconies if you are outside, but this is normal.

This cruise was very smooth for the Atlantic. We were able to enjoy the front balcony while at sea, during the day which surprised me. The captain seemed to slow it down and we actually fell asleep in the loungers! The side balcony is better protected from the wind. Had nice lunches out there at the table. At night could have a glass of wine out there with a breeze. The front balcony was closed down at night which is s good idea I think. I was able to open it myself in the am

Why was your front balcony closed at night? We've never had that issue. They want the front curtain closed at night to prevent light issues for the bridge, but we've always used the balcony at night.

Why was your front balcony closed at night? We've never had that issue. They want the front curtain closed at night to prevent light issues for the bridge, but we've always used the balcony at night.

When I sailed in this suite, the butler said that it was due to the wind-tunnel effect. Even if we weren't in the room during the day and left it opened, we would come back to it being closed.

And to agree with the OP, we never heard a sound from the bridge....but we did gets lots of waves from the bridge and an invitation to have dinner with the Captains wife!