FTTF not available in Europe?

Velvetwater

After reading about FTTF not being available on Europe I am left puzzled and a bit miffed. I was completely willing to pay the new price to ensure I got on early with my luggage comign early.

I was pondering why this might be so and came up with a few reasons.

1) Carnival cannot be bothered to offer it (even though its been offered before in Europe and they have all the stuff prepared already)

2) They saw there was no tendering and decided to not offer it

3) With many Europeans sailing on the Vista and not knowing about it/Carnival as a whole they decided not to bother selling it.

4) They didn't sell many FTTFs last time in Europe (although they sold most on our sailing).

5) Barcelona is already hailed as an efficient port so it is not needed (although the other ports I cannot say)

With all these reasons aside I think they did miss a trick in making a few more squid out of folks like me. Even if getting on the ship is quick its the early luggage that makes FTTF good for me and Vista is huge. My FB group also have a lot of people willing to buy.

Thoughts?

I am tempted to message the Heald to ask why to be honest.

After reading about FTTF not being available on Europe I am left puzzled and a bit miffed. I was completely willing to pay the new price to ensure I got on early with my luggage comign early.

I was pondering why this might be so and came up with a few reasons.

1) Carnival cannot be bothered to offer it (even though its been offered before in Europe and they have all the stuff prepared already)

2) They saw there was no tendering and decided to not offer it

3) With many Europeans sailing on the Vista and not knowing about it/Carnival as a whole they decided not to bother selling it.

4) They didn't sell many FTTFs last time in Europe (although they sold most on our sailing).

5) Barcelona is already hailed as an efficient port so it is not needed (although the other ports I cannot say)

With all these reasons aside I think they did miss a trick in making a few more squid out of folks like me. Even if getting on the ship is quick its the early luggage that makes FTTF good for me and Vista is huge. My FB group also have a lot of people willing to buy.

Thoughts?

I am tempted to message the Heald to ask why to be honest.

Are you on the Inaugural? If so, the ship does not depart until 7:00 pm. Check in will probably begin mid morning giving the ship more than 7 hrs to load and distribute luggage. Also considering that a vast amount of the cruisers for that sailing will be plat or diamond and they will be allowed onto the ship first and their luggage will be delivered first then FFT (If they had it). It just doesn't make sense to have FFT for this sailing.

Edited by lives to cruise

Are you on the Inaugural? If so, the ship does not depart until 7:00 pm. Check in will probably begin mid morning giving the ship more than 7 hrs to load and distribute luggage. Also considering that a vast amount of the cruisers for that sailing will be plat or diamond and they will be allowed onto the ship first and their luggage will be delivered first then FFT (If they had it). It just doesn't make sense to have FFT for this sailing.

No I am on the 12 day August.

See the 'lots of plats and diamonds' thing doesn't hold water with me as when I was on the Panama Canal Legend sailing there were 100 diamonds, 500 plats and the priority lounge in Tampa was rammed.

We waited with FTTF in the lounge with the above and boarded 20 minutes after the first person on the ship.

No I am on the 12 day August.

See the 'lots of plats and diamonds' thing doesn't hold water with me as when I was on the Panama Canal Legend sailing there were 100 diamonds, 500 plats and the priority lounge in Tampa was rammed.

We waited with FTTF in the lounge with the above and boarded 20 minutes after the first person on the ship.

Well then as Sam_Eagle posted, he got FFT on his cruise so I would say just keep checking.

See I think late sailings might warrant FTTF even more as people will be arriving all the the same time as they have already had a day in port/plane has been in for a while and so on.We have already been to Barcelona and had late Boarding on the Equinox due to a deep clean so just want to get started.

I think my main puzzlement is the fact the could make some quick money out of those of us that want it (whether its worth it or not). I wonder if they are worried about people buying it and complaining it was a rip...although FTTF fans have probably weighed up the cost/benefit and new cruisers might buy it just because.

Hmmm hoping CCL will change their mind but we will have to see. I can remember people telling me it suddenly got offered late in the day for Europe 2013.

Tendering has nothing to do with it Velvet. On my Caribbean sailing there we no tender ports, by FTTF was still available.

Message John, I for one would happily pay for it, just so I have a room that I can dump all of the hand luggage in.

There was no FTTF on my Venice to BCN sailing on the Sunshine late July 2013.

Edited by heatherbelle

Tendering has nothing to do with it Velvet. On my Caribbean sailing there we no tender ports, by FTTF was still available.

Message John, I for one would happily pay for it, just so I have a room that I can dump all of the hand luggage in.

There was no FTTF on my Venice to BCN sailing on the Sunshine late July 2013.

I messaged John yesterday but he is taking a few days off so we shall see.

Interesting about the Sunshine sailing as all the Baltic cruises offered it in the same European season.Maybe it is Barcelona? I wonder if any other 2013 sunshiners can shed some light on this.

Also, from memory I think most Barcelona Vista sailings are leaving at a normal sailing away time so it cant be that either.