Rome excursions

minesawine

Hi there. I have booked onto the Vista for next August and have just checked the price of the excursions to Rome and the Vatican. £200 per person. Wow. Does anyone know of any cheaper options as £800 for 4 people is very expensive. I am happy to share a coach with others if necessary. What has other sailors done in the past?

Thanks

Are these prices from the Carnival Website?

For all my Italy excursions, I am using Rome in Limo - I believe they are charging 550 euros (discount if you book more than 1 excursion with them, otherwise it's 650) for 8 people. You can use their "shared group" website so 4 other people can join you and help offset the cost.

Hi there. I have booked onto the Vista for next August and have just checked the price of the excursions to Rome and the Vatican. £200 per person. Wow. Does anyone know of any cheaper options as £800 for 4 people is very expensive. I am happy to share a coach with others if necessary. What has other sailors done in the past?

Thanks

Check out the Ports of Call section here for private companies. Also, you can go to your roll call and usually find others to share the expense of a private company. You can also get a good guidebook and DIY.

Go to your roll call on this board and find your sailing date. As mentioned RIL is good. I have used both RIL and italytoursharing.com they are both basically the same, in fact sometimes the guides come from one company to work with the other company. I have used italytoursharing over eight times and our whole vista roll call cruise is using them for june 3. They are very highly recommended by cruisers. If you want a more personalized joe banana limos is very good. But look on your roll call.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely check out http://www.Italytoursharing.com to see if anything is set up already that interests you. If not you can set up a tour and open it to others to join. The costs appear to be much better than the cruise line and they have great reviews on TripAdvisor and we have them booked for 3 tours for our stops in Italy while on the Carnival Vista July 1st cruise next summer.

There is still room on our tours (Carnival Vista July 1st cruise) if anyone is interest in joining us.

• 2 months later...

Thanks

I have already booked a tour with romeinlimostoursharing.com for rome at 81 euros per person name is calapa . I have contacted them this am to change the number of persons in our party to 4. so there will be 4 openings. I thought the same as you too expensive. Please check it out

vistacruise4me

When we did Rome a few years ago on the Magic or Breeze in Europe, we went to Rome on the train independently. Carnival wanted $99 each for the train , we walked to the station and paid 9 euros each return. Very easy. We walked around Rome, walked to the Vatican and then got the train back from the station local to the Vatican.

Good info here:

https://www.rometoolkit.com/airport/civitavechia_train.htm