Specialty Dining on the Grand

2pbears

I have recently read many comments regarding the quality of both food and service in the specialty restaurants on various Princess ships. We usually dine in both Sabatini's and Crown Grill when we sail, however, on our upcoming cruise on the Grand we may very well choose to dine in only one of these venues.

For those who have recent experience with specialty dining on the Grand, I would love to hear your experience and opinions. I'm not really looking for your individual preferences but how you perceived the food quality and the quality of service in each of the two restaurants. This will help us make our choice if there is a choice to be made.

We were on the Grand Princess in May to Alaska. We ate at both the Crown Grill and at Sabatini's (as well as breakfast every morning in Sabatini's). Food quality was excellent in both settings however we found the staff/service to much superior in Sabatini's. At the time, the Head Waiter (or what ever the person in charge at the location is called) was Daisy - a fantastic person who made the week very special.