X's tours and cancellation policy

ondeckatsea

First of all, we love the Celebrity product and will continue to cruise with them. One thing does irk me though. First, we had planned to book some tours, the cruise was Oct. 2nd out of Barcelona on the Equinox, but was unable because of the website being "down for 20 minutes," for many hours. Anyway, as soon as we got a minute after boarding, I chose the tours we wanted and also noticed the price was considerably higher than they had been online a few weeks earlier. My fault for not booking way in advance. I did notice that the prices are back down to the cost I noticed and would have paid if the site wasn't off-line. What bothered me is that I think there should be a fair way to cancel when the weather is very bad, or to rebook something else where weather wouldn't be a huge problem. We had two tours that were not great in the rain. One was Montserrat from Barcelona and the other was White Villages from Cadiz. I wonder what would happen if a passenger booked a 6 hour beach tour and it was pouring.

They are very reluctant to let folks cancel for bad weather..

in Cozumel we were kept on the dock ( which is a long walk from the ship) in the rain ...our tour was to be by a small boat to a rustic island beach with only palapas..forescast was for T storms, rough seas, sky was black..Celeb right away said no cancellations would be accepted.

We made a huge fuss , and finally they sep us and another fussing couple , from the group and told us we could cancel...no idea what they put the other folks thru...too dangerous...it stormed all day!

Then in order to finalize cancellation paperwork, the inside desk was closed til 5....when hordes of other folks showed up to deal with their issues,...their excursion desk is not well run on most ships...but the excursions are usually a good option for us.

Now we have learned that weather is a big risk for cancelling....unless the tour operator won't go out in dangerous seas/weather and they cancel....so we hope for the best,

Edited by hcat