Taxi to Palm Beach? Return to ship?

lawgirl

The last time we were in SMX, we rented a car, drove the whole island and ended up relaxing at Palm Beach, near the end of Orient Beach. The drinks and loungers were awesome! I want to return there with my mom on our next cruise via taxi.... Does anyone know the cost? How do I get a return taxi? I know Palm Beach is probably not where taxis normally wait, but I don't want my mom to have to walk far. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
We are planning to visit Palm Beach in January so glad to hear you enjoyed it. From my research I've read $8-$9 per person each way. Can't say for sure though but that's what I've read.

If you don't mind, please report back on Palm Beach & taxi. We will be there in Feb.

Thanks,:)

• 3 weeks later...
If you don't mind, please report back on Palm Beach & taxi. We will be there in Feb.

Thanks,:)

We went to Palm Beach on Thursday. The taxi driver gave us a hard time and tried to drop us off at the usual spot at Orient even though we told him upfront we wanted to go to Palm Beach. It was initially 7 dollars per person but when we reminded him we wanted to go to Palm Beach he charged us 10pp.

Taxi back to the ship took about 30 min to arrive and was also 10pp. The bar staff called for the taxi for us.

We weren't wowed by the beach. The waves were rough so that contributed to it. But after seeing the beaches in St Thomas the day before, this one didn't quite compare to the beauty. It was quiet which was nice.

Lunch (burger, chicken supreme and two alcoholic drinks) came to $56 US. Came with bread and rum shots at the end.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Canadian Tyler

We went to Palm Beach on Thursday. The taxi driver gave us a hard time and tried to drop us off at the usual spot at Orient even though we told him upfront we wanted to go to Palm Beach. It was initially 7 dollars per person but when we reminded him we wanted to go to Palm Beach he charged us 10pp.

Taxi back to the ship took about 30 min to arrive and was also 10pp. The bar staff called for the taxi for us.

We weren't wowed by the beach. The waves were rough so that contributed to it. But after seeing the beaches in St Thomas the day before, this one didn't quite compare to the beauty. It was quiet which was nice.

Lunch (burger, chicken supreme and two alcoholic drinks) came to $56 US. Came with bread and rum shots at the end.

Thanks for reporting back! We know the waves are kind of big there, but the chairs and service are lovely and it is quiet, if a bit pricey. Really appreciate your report!

Thank you Tyler :)

Good info.....I am left wondering what is the big deal with cabbies not wanting to go there. Is it really that far away from Orient?

Thank you Tyler :)

Good info.....I am left wondering what is the big deal with cabbies not wanting to go there. Is it really that far away from Orient?

Nope, it was an additional 5min drive at most. It's a shame it's such a hassle for them especially when I was upfront that we wanted to specifically go there and was quoted $7pp. Once we got to Orient, the taxi driver pretended to not know where Palm Beach was, then drove us there and told us it used to be called Boo Boo Jam so that's why he was confused.

I will say that compared to the wall-to-wall chairs I imagine at Orient, Palm Beach was nice and quiet.

Edited by Canadian Tyler

Thanks, for posting back. 56 bucks for lunch seems a bit much. Was this place a shack on the beach or a really nice Restaurant/bar?? We have never been to Orient beach area but wanted to see it this time. I heard it is getting a makeover? I don't mind paying more for less crowds and shade.

Thanks, for posting back. 56 bucks for lunch seems a bit much. Was this place a shack on the beach or a really nice Restaurant/bar?? We have never been to Orient beach area but wanted to see it this time. I heard it is getting a makeover? I don't mind paying more for less crowds and shade.

It is a more upper class restaurant and bar, not a shack. Lunch was pretty fancy. Check out their website and Trip Advisor for pictures. I'll also post pictures here when I get them off my camera.