A Wonderful QM2 Story

Winchester Ranger

Thank you for posting this. It reminded me of my father's return home from medical school in Scotland on Queen Mary as war clouds were gathering in Europe. To know that our own travels across the Atlantic form a link, however small, to transatlantic journeys like the one remembered on this video, is humbling and deeply enriching.

What a wonderful display of good conquering evil...and to see that mans face with a smile & beautiful family.

My Dad was a 19 year old in the US NAVY back in 1944 and his ship served at D-Day, In 1994 he and my Mother sailed on QE2to Europe for the 50th Anniversary of D Day. A trip they never forgot and they paid tribute to those lost that day & during WW2.

It's easy to forget that for some people a TA meant more than just a journey, or even a new life, for some it literally meant the difference between life and death. I loved this, so I thought I would share.
Thank you Winchester Ranger for posting this. A superb video, the triumph of good over absolute evil. Thank you again.

This is exactly what came to my mind when we entered New York harbor on my first crossing. All those people who fled from hunger and misery, searching a better life, when they were greeted by Lady Liberty, how must they have felt? Who could ever forget it?

This is exactly what came to my mind when we entered New York harbor on my first crossing. All those people who fled from hunger and misery, searching a better life, when they were greeted by Lady Liberty, how must they have felt? Who could ever forget it?

Us too, every time. Wonderful video.