Beer Buckets

MILEMRKR63

Forgive me for asking, since I am sure I saw a thread on this topic before but I cant locate it now, but what is the beer bucket deal on NCL. I look forward to many of them on my 12/8/05 NCL Spirit sailing during the days and martinis during the night.

Thanks in avance.

You put a $5 deposit down on this thing that looks like a cheap upside down football helmet with the chin strap as the handle. They fill it with ice & 6 bottles/can of beers of your choice. You pay for five. They will always add more ice to your bucket. You can take the beers with you, to the cabin etc. At the end of the cruise, when you return the bucket you get your $5 deposit back or you can keep the silly thing. They also do this with frozen drinks but they do not travel as well & aren't as much fun to drink after they've melted. :(

We didn't have to pay a deposit last week on the POAM......

We simply ordered a "bucket of beer" - it consisted of 6 beers (your choice - you could mix and match) - but you didn't get any deal on the price of the beer.

We ordered one just about every afternoon for the pool, and just left them there when we were finished. No problems at all.

Archived