Do another 7 day on Fantasy or back to back on the Dream

Corn Cruiser

We have already done two cruises on the Fantasy and one 4 night on the dream. We're all ready set again for the Fantsay in April of 2017. Was about to book another 7 in October 16 but then saw all the cool enhancements on the Dream. How many have combined the 4/3 days cruises on the dream? Castaway is by far our favorite spot and being able to hit up twice seems appealing. Price wise they are about the same so any thoughts? If we did end up on the Dream we would be gold in April of 17 but not sure that really gets you anything extra? Each ship is great but having a tough time deciding.

We have already done two cruises on the Fantasy and one 4 night on the dream. We're all ready set again for the Fantsay in April of 2017. Was about to book another 7 in October 16 but then saw all the cool enhancements on the Dream. How many have combined the 4/3 days cruises on the dream? Castaway is by far our favorite spot and being able to hit up twice seems appealing. Price wise they are about the same so any thoughts? If we did end up on the Dream we would be gold in April of 17 but not sure that really gets you anything extra? Each ship is great but having a tough time deciding.

Thoughts: With a 3/4 combo (or 4/3) you'll have a day in the middle of your week that you have to get up early (even if you're remaining with the ship), eat breakfast, get off the ship, wait it the terminal until you can reboard, and have to deal with all the new cruisers that have no clue what they're doing.

We prefer no shorter than 7 nights.

You get one extra CC gift (with the always there bag of some sort) as Gold. Recently it's been a photo album. And you can book future cruises earlier than the general public when the new itineraries are released.

I have done a 4/3 B2B as well as a lot of 7 night cruises (and many longer). I would recommend the 7 night.

Advantages--7 different menus

Different entertainment each night

no losing half a day to the transition

different ports

more sea days

Advantages of 4/3

2 free palo if platinum

counts as 2 cruises toward castaway club status

2 Castaway Cay stops

dining called us on first leg and asked if we had any preferences for second leg

disadvantages

repeat of menu/shows

short cruises are much more rushed, not as many shipboard activities available

same ports

I was looking at the same thing a few weeks ago. We could book a 7 day Fantasy or two Dream cruises BTB. And like you, we would have been gold at the end of the second Dream cruise. Dream is the only ship we haven't sailed, so we thought it would be great to give it a try.

But when I looked up the prices, it was actually about $2,000 more for 4 of us to cruise the Dream BTB than 7 days on the Fantasy. Decision was made, and we're now sailing the Fantasy next June.

Outside of an extra CC gift, the things we are looking forward to with gold level are the invitation to the past passenger party (Mickey rice krispie heads!) and being able to book Palo/shore excursions/etc. earlier than silver (but after concierge and platinum).

That is a tough call. Having Castaway twice makes it really tempting and also the earlier booking window for your 2017 cruise, if you think you are wanting to try for one of the hard to book items, is a nice perk. However, you do have a wasted morning in the middle of the trip. I also think it may change the feel of the trip to you. It may just make it seem to go by quicker and have a more rushed feeling as it goes by. Everyone is different of course but knowing myself that is how it would seem to me. Also as far as your kids, are they the type who make friends in the kids club? If so they may enjoy having the same group of kids in the club for the trip. None of this may apply to you but just thought I'd add a couple of different perspectives.

That is a tough call. Having Castaway twice makes it really tempting and also the earlier booking window for your 2017 cruise, if you think you are wanting to try for one of the hard to book items, is a nice perk. However, you do have a wasted morning in the middle of the trip. I also think it may change the feel of the trip to you. It may just make it seem to go by quicker and have a more rushed feeling as it goes by. Everyone is different of course but knowing myself that is how it would seem to me. Also as far as your kids, are they the type who make friends in the kids club? If so they may enjoy having the same group of kids in the club for the trip. None of this may apply to you but just thought I'd add a couple of different perspectives.

My son is 10 and really loved the kids clubs but he is one of those that can play with all or fine with being alone. We were totally set on doing the 7 day till we saw the dream changes to the kids club area.. If this was last year I think the 7 day wins hand down. I keep going back and forth and agree the idea of being rushed makes sense on the BTB. Also The shows are great but since we have been on both they will be repeats no matter what. Question on the 3 day they still do pirate night right? Think it might be cool to do that twice.

My son is 10 and really loved the kids clubs but he is one of those that can play with all or fine with being alone. We were totally set on doing the 7 day till we saw the dream changes to the kids club area.. If this was last year I think the 7 day wins hand down. I keep going back and forth and agree the idea of being rushed makes sense on the BTB. Also The shows are great but since we have been on both they will be repeats no matter what. Question on the 3 day they still do pirate night right? Think it might be cool to do that twice.

Yes, there is a pirate night on a 3 night cruise. However, there is no pirate menu in the dining rooms. Only the rotational menus are served for the 3 night cruises.

Thanks everyone for the input. We ended up going to with the 7 day. While its still the same itenentary as the last two it still seemed like a better overall vacation rather the losing a day with the whole turn around thing.. Will just have to find a way to book another one to use those gold perks:)