LIVE from Regal Princess, sailing November 3rd!

BugsyCruiser

Hi Chris, Thanks for this Live Review. We have booked one of the forward facing balcony cabins on Regal on the Lido deck for our February cruise. (L102). I am curious as to how far a trek it is from the main areas on Lido deck or the nearest elevator to these cabins which are above the bridge. My 87 year old father will be with us and I don't want to walk him to death. . .he is in good shape and very agile but I wonder if this is going to be burdensome to him, being so far forward. If you have a chance and feel inclined to make the trek to that area of cabins, I'd be curious to know your opinion as to whether this is ridiculously far from everything. Thanks!

We were in L207, the forward elevators are close, but the buffet is pretty far and past the pool area that is often wet, so you need to be careful walking. We spent a lot of time at the Outrigger Bar and that was a long walk. There are a lot of chairs to stop and rest along the way if needed.

Beth

We were in L207, the forward elevators are close, but the buffet is pretty far and past the pool area that is often wet, so you need to be careful walking. We spent a lot of time at the Outrigger Bar and that was a long walk. There are a lot of chairs to stop and rest along the way if needed.

Beth

You bring up a good point about walking from the front of the ship, past the pool area.

I just had hip replacement surgery about five months ago and need to limit (to the best of my ability considering I'm on a cruise) how much walking I do. After looking at the deck plans exhaustingly I've decided, sometimes it's best for my wife and I to just walk from our aft cabin to the front of the ship on a deck with nothing but rooms. This eliminates my need to dodge many people, chairs and obstacles (water) and then take the forward lift to the deck I want to be on.

This might help during peak hours as well.

Hello friends! Back on board after a great day at the beach :) For those that have asked about the beach day at Holland House:

It's not something that needs to be reserved in advance unless you have a large group and especially if there are a lot of ships in port.... then I would contact them to reserve in advance so to insure you will have chairs and an umbrella saved for you.

It's 20 dollars per couple which gets you two chairs, an umbrella, and a bucket of beer, soda, water, or a combination.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Is this within walking distance from the pier or did you take a taxi?

I've emailed them about reservations but they have not responded.

Is this within walking distance from the pier or did you take a taxi?

I've emailed them about reservations but they have not responded.

We took the water taxi. The entrance for that is left of the welcome center at the port. The walk would be a little over a mile if you did that.

Chris

How did you get from the port to the holland house

did you have to make reservation ahead of time..

Rick

We took the water taxi. As I said before it's not something that has to be reserved ahead of time unless you would have a big group, then I would recommend advance reservations for it.

We took the water taxi. The entrance for that is left of the welcome center at the port. The walk would be a little over a mile if you did that.

Chris I've taken the water taxi before to the beach and we sat at one of the first Sections of chairs. How far down the beach is Holland House? Is there a sign on the beach?

Thanks!

If you check the trip advisor web site it gives a lot of reviews from very happy cruisers. Looks like Chris picked a great spot to spend the day.

“Great Location, Great Service!”

5 of 5 starsReviewed 3 weeks ago

We lounged on the Holland House beach front for a day while on a cruise. They had a great special - 2 beach chairs & umbrella, drinks and wi-fi for just $20. It is a beautiful property (very chic decor) and we also had use of the bathrooms and shower facilities (very clean). We took a break from the beach to enjoy a great lunch of shrimp and king crab legs which was a great excursion from the cruise ship buffet. The service was great - Randy was so welcoming and friendly and made us feel as special as if we were guests of the hotel. We ate our lunch at the beachfront bar area but they offer chair service as well and we saw people enjoying food and drinks right on the beach. Great way to spend the last day of our cruise and we are looking forward to coming back for an extended stay at the hotel.

Stayed October 2015, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Location

5 of 5 stars Service

Allure is departing

fa1b5f830f639868ae51d4847c545298.jpg

aeb65995e564106104c21a0db2163925.jpg

a7ed4757807c56b5b81e05a2967486da.jpg

Captain just announced a technical glitch is being repaired so there will be a slight delay departing. I had a great day in St. Maarten so....

So long St. Maarten. Until next time....

b170ddc2206d085fe58ba331d7bfdaf9.jpg

Crab Shack dinner coming up shortly my friends!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Hi Chris. I tried to post a pic of your beautiful ship this morning from Allure, but couldn't get the pic to post. Glad you are enjoying.

Wanted to let you know that we are coming back to St Martin for a medical evac now. In case you're wondering.

Edited by swwake

Hi Chris. I tried to post a pic of your beautiful ship this morning from Allure, but couldn't get the pic to post. Glad you are enjoying.

Wanted to let you know that we are coming back to St Martin for a medical evac now. In case you're wondering.

Wow, two live reviews on the same thread...

Hope the person needing med evac is OK!

BILL

Chris I've taken the water taxi before to the beach and we sat at one of the first Sections of chairs. How far down the beach is Holland House? Is there a sign on the beach?

Thanks!

Hi Holland House is a short walk from the water taxi along what they call the boardwalk area. Look for Blue Bitch Bar, which has outdoor tables with great food and drinks, Holland House is right next door. It's in the middle of all the beach areas.

Hi Holland House is a short walk from the water taxi along what they call the boardwalk area. Look for Blue Bitch Bar, which has outdoor tables with great food and drinks, Holland House is right next door. It's in the middle of all the beach areas.

Thanks Annefran!