What is "Essence" on the Crown

calteacher

I'm a newbie to Princess and thought I had booked the perfect "obstructed view" cabin (E416) which looked like it was almost unobstructed. Then, I read the posting which indicated that it was directly over a bar. Now I'm concerned. I notice that the cabin directly across still is available and the view looks acceptable. But, it is marked over the "Essence" area. Is that also a noisy area? Thanks.

The price of our cruise has made another drop. The first one was over $200 per person for an obstructed view room. Now, it has dropped another $50 p/p. Is it over the top if I continue to ask my TA to rebook? I don't know how commission on Princess affects a TA and am wondering if I am asking her to do a lot of work which results in a pay cut for her.

I would ask your agent to refare it. Yes, she will receive less commission (if you qualify for refare). Though - I think most travel agents want their clients to get the best price for their cruise and are willing to do the extra step to make you happy, in return, you will return as a happy customer and will refer your friends to them. So it is a win-win for everyone.