Advice from my good forum peeps

HI to all ,we have relations going on the good ship Celebration T/A from Malaga

This week 5th November 17 days ! :eek:

Malaga , Gibraltar , Ship At Sea , Funchal , Ship At Sea , Ship At Sea , Ship At Sea , Ship At Sea , Ship At Sea , Ship At Sea , St John'S , Philipsburg , Basseterre , Roseau , Castries , Bequia , St George'S , Bridgetown

Any tips welcome for above ports of call

They have only been on IE before, told them Celebration is a good ship with a slight wobble factor ;)

Anyone know what the luggage situation will be at Malaga and on return?(bonded luggage etc)

Best to all

Stevie

:)

malaga is not bonded luggage, you have to collect it from the carousel and transit the airport (its a v big airport)

nice cruise terminal tho

bridgetown on disembarkation day you leave your luggage outside your cabin on the last night and dont see it again until you reach uk

tips on some of the ports here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2262145

and caribbean beaches on this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2266299

aruba/bonaire/curacau

aruba:

the town is a pleasant walk with shops bars a market and a marina and lots of huge iguanas

the best beaches are on the resort strip (eagle/palm/arashi beach) very easy to get a local bus (about $2pp) from the terminal which is opposite the port gates

curacau:

the ship docks virtually in town, its a very pretty dutch colonial town, nice shopping mall, pretty architecture, a floating market and a fort

mambo beach (also called aquarium beach) is were everyone heads its a taxi ride away about $20 for the taxi

bonaire:

another dutch colonial town just yards from where the ship docks, its small with a few shops (a touristy craft market) a small fort and beach front bars

easy to get a water taxi from karels beach bar (next to the ship) over to klein bonaire (a completely undeveloped desert island with a fantastic shallow reef for snorkelling) boats leave and return about hourly

or you can walk along the sea front to the Divi resort (or get a tuk tuk taxi) beaches are public so you can use their beach

hope this helps

We didn't go this year but previously we have had to hand in our 'forms' and check in on the boat, has this changed now geo?😕

yes, you checkin for both flights and print off boarding cards online 2 weeks before your outbound flight (if you have paid to select your seats) or 1 week before if seats are allocated by the airline

this is why you dont really need e tickets anymore, just boarding cards & your booking reference number for checkin at the ship

Thanks for that geo, we did have our boarding cards when we last went in 2014, in fact we were the first to experience the new system which was very problematic, but we still had a visit from immigration who had to stamp our forms which had to be handed in at the airport is that no longer the case now?:confused:

yes it was problematic for a few weeks when they first implemented the online checkin (another example of thoms inability to iron out problems before they put their new systems online):rolleyes:

if something does go wrong? or you cannot checkin for your return flight? they can do it on the ship for you at reception

luggage labels are delivered to your cabin a couple of days before the end of the cruise

they do bonded luggage for jamaica barbados & dubronik ... afaik? everyone else has to collect from the carousel

immigration was done in the medusa on the morning of disembarkation (jamaica & barbados)

at the airport(s) there is (usually) a separate queue for security for cruise pax.... sorry haven’t been on celeb in barbados (only on dream) may work differently on celeb? someone will know

Edited by geomagot

Hi Stevie ,

If your referring to this site then yes :(

When signing in I have to tick "remember me " or if not and I move a page or refresh it signs me out , so your not alone :)

Hope your keeping well , take care ;)

try loging into cruisecritic . com (rather than co . uk) its a little more stable/reliable.

That works for me :):) Cheers Geo :cool:

Deleted old (uk ) shortcut/app and saved shortcut/app as (.com)

no more ticking remember me as this now works a treat :cool::)

this has been happening to me for ages???

try loging into cruisecritic . com (rather than co . uk) its a little more stable/reliable

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497

Tis witchery :eek: ... I had all but given up on this CC stuff what with being repeatedly logged out even after ticking the remember me box. But this .com trick of yours Geo is working fine so far.

Oh by the way Geo, while I am still logged in I shall take the opportunity to go way off topic & report that on my October NCL jade cruise Brussel Sprouts were served at least once a week. The ship was however Marmiteless, but there was a new one for me on cruiseships in that there was an abundance of fresh boiled buttered Beetroot. :)

Edited by Stevio

Yep the logging out thing has been like that for me for ages.

I recommend Cosol tours day out in St Lucia, you see a lot more than on a shorex for about the same money. Castries isn't the nicest place so it's best to do a trip here.

http://www.cosol-tours.com/

If they are good walkers they can get to Brimstone hill fortress on St Kitts cheaply. The local bus (minibus really) will drop you off at the bottom of the hill, then it's a 30-45 min walk up.

They can also get the bus to Grande Anse beach on Grenada, there is a water taxi also available. That's more expensive and full of tourists rather than locals.

I've been using the app on my iPad since the problem with the "flickering/stuttering" when scrolling down a few months ago. Never asked to login, much easier to upload photos (although for some reason the quality is not good), using a similar method to FB. Really like it now I've got used to it.