Carriage ride

hedy7813

I don't know if it's the same one mentioned but we have taken a carriage ride twice with the same driver. His name was Quincy Jones, yeah, I know??? You can ask for him and may have to wait if he is out on a trip. He was very nice, informative and answered all of our questions. The ride lasted between 1-1&1/2 hour. Not very expensive, can't recall exactly how much and we did tip him at the end. May not be for everybody but we enjoyed it (obviously since we did it on two trips) and found it quite relaxing.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know of any way to pre-book. We just go out the gate behind the shopping village, the carriage guys are right there, and ask for Quincy Jones. You may have to wait if he is already on a trip but we liked him well enough to wait. Will be looking for him again next April. Hope he is still there.:)

We took a carriage ride last summer, we hadn't pre-booked anything in Belize and just walked out the gates. The hair braiders were after my two daughters so fast I turned around and there was a Guy asking if we wanted to do a carriage ride 20 bucks a piece and Kids ride free, I grabbed it to get away from the hair braiders.

A gentleman named Egbert gave us a ride around the city nice guy lots of history and information he even stopped and picked some flowers for the girls.

told us about more of the history and were everybody gathered to party on the weekends, He was even nice enough to outrun the Hair braiding ladies who were set up back by the gate and drop us off down the road from them!!