Alternate Ideas?

CCC3

Not sure! We plan to do Mayan Ruins in Costa Maya & Mr Sancho's in Coz. All I can really find on tripadvisor is monkeys, snorkeling or beaches. We may end up in LFK, but just looking for some variety, I guess. And suggestions! It'll be my 22 and 26 yr old sons, hubby and me.

Do you know that Roatan is known for its world-class diving the reef is second only to the Great Barrier but you don't want to go snorkeling there are ziplines, there is a botanical garden, you can take an island tour, there's a spa, free radical does catamaran trip.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Do you know that Roatan is known for its world-class diving the reef is second only to the Great Barrier but you don't want to go snorkeling there are ziplines, there is a botanical garden, you can take an island tour, there's a spa, free radical does catamaran trip.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I didn't know it was second only to the Great Barrier Reef...that's pretty neat. Unfortunately, my family are not divers and have no interest in snorkeling (sorry!!). It's just not our "thing." So we are just seeking alternate suggestions of what to see and do while we are there. Thank you for your suggestions!

We booked a driver and are planning to do a glass bottom boat tour so we can see the reef-one member in our group isn't comfortable snorkeling in deep water so this way we can see it. We are going to the iguana farm and the cameo factory.

One thing I wanted to do but it would be too rushed with the other stuff we wanted to do, is the garifuna village and mangrove tunnel tour. Another thing that didn't make the cut was Mayan Eden Eco Park.

I read that some people like to go volunteer at the local orphanage.

I think I was Roatan where locals do cooking lessons but I may be confusing it with one of our other stops. The lady takes you shopping for the ingredients then takes you to her home to do the lesson.

I think I was Roatan where locals do cooking lessons but I may be confusing it with one of our other stops. The lady takes you shopping for the ingredients then takes you to her home to do the lesson.

That sounds like the Salsa y Salsa excursion which is in Cozumel, not Roatan.

That sounds like the Salsa y Salsa excursion which is in Cozumel, not Roatan.

Sounds more like Cooking with Josefina which is also on Cozumel.

Edited by c-leg5

I see that a lot of excursions are snorkeling, beaches and animals. Is there anything else to do while there?

We haven't done it yet but I think the hydroponic farm sounds like "something different" which we would like to try sometime.

We were having troubles with this port too, as we do not want to spend a beach/water day at any port, nor did we want to stay on the ship. We decided on Victor Bodden tour- the set one with tour and beach time ( not too long at the beach, will get drinks and a snack ). Hopefully we will be happy with our choice.

Safe sailing