McKinley

smellycruzer

Was perusing my platinum 2016-2017 PCA and noticed that Mt. McKinley was still listed as such on the itinerary shore excursion map, not Denali. Also, Mt. McKinley PWL has not changed names yet. I suppose the printing press had already started when the name had changed a few months back.

Will inquire with the staff on my next visit if they will be rebranding.

I have a bookshelf of past PCA's and was wondering if this would be the first with the Denali name change.

Cheeers.

They'll have to change the mountain, but they've got a problem with the lodges. They can't rename McKinley Princess to to Denali Princess Lodge since they already have a Denali Princess Lodge. I'm betting they'll leave it McKinley Princess Lodge.

The mountain hasn't changed. Just the name. It'll take time (and lots of money) to change all the signs, maps, literature, brochures, etc. whether it's the cruise line, hotel, tour company, etc. It's not done overnight. A lot of businesses have been affected by this change.

Sixth Avenue in New York was re-named "Avenue of the Americas" in 1945. New Yorkers never call it Avenue of the Americas. It's still "Sixth Avenue."

It really doesn't matter what they call the mountain the local people have always called the mountain Denali and McKinley. Everyone knows it as both and always have. It original name was Denali named by the natives. As a long time Alaskan I have no real preference on what it is called, I just don't know why all of a sudden they officially changed it. Maybe it would be better for a while if they just put Denali/McKinley that would work for me.

They'll have to change the mountain, but they've got a problem with the lodges. They can't rename McKinley Princess to to Denali Princess Lodge since they already have a Denali Princess Lodge. I'm betting they'll leave it McKinley Princess Lodge.

It will be interesting to see what happens! I hope that the lodge name stays the same.