Price matching with More=Merrier

8esther8

Hey all- when checking Fare Viewer, my rates have gone down for my Dec cruise with the More=Merrier rates. That rate is broken down into "Let Me Choose My Room" and "Choose a Room For Me." I originally booked ES choosing my own room. Do I have to price match with the "Let Me Choose My Room" or does it just have to be the same room category (IS)? From reading other threads I already know that I would lose my OBC, would I lose my room too?

Supposedly one cannot price match ES to a GTY but some here have claimed to have gotten away with it. If you are allowed to price match against a GTY you will lose your ES status and will no longer be allowed to price match anymore on that cruise.

Really?? Has this changed ? because I did it last year. I kept my obc and kept my early saver. What ever happened to ONCE EARLY SAVER ALWAYS EARLY SAVER.

My understanding is once early saver always early saver UNLESS you price match to a guarantee. If you choose to price match to a guarantee you forfeit ES status and give up your chosen room. Basically you go into the pool and are assigned the left over rooms.

Everyone must decide the value of selecting their own room. I am picky about location. I don't want to be under or over loud music or a busy area of the lido. I am not a fan of the forward staterooms but enjoy aft. I am willing to find in my budget the difference in money.

Happy cruising.

Really?? Has this changed ? because I did it last year. I kept my obc and kept my early saver. What ever happened to ONCE EARLY SAVER ALWAYS EARLY SAVER.

Because, in effect, you are breaking the rules by price matching to a GTY. So you can either follow the rules and price match only to the ES rules or the CSR rep can change you to a GTY therefore causing you to lose your ES status. In other words, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

To be fair, IMO, a CSR should simply tell a person no, they cannot price match to a GTY (following the rules) and then one would in fact, never lose their ES status.

BTW, the above has always been the proper ES rules. The rules haven't changed, it's just that some CSRs/PVPs don't follow the rules.