Who Cares for your Animals, while you are Away?

serendipity1499

My husband has lost interest in much travel. So now he often stays home while I go. It saves us a bundle, in both travel costs and pet care!

This sounds like my parents. My dad stays at home to take care of the 'kids' and he loves their exclusive affection...no fighting over who the dog loves most! All the while my. mom and I enjoy the cruise and the frenzy of love and kisses when we get back.

ImageUploadedByForums1446602597.659649.jpg.915fe2c47b49e3faa9508a9ef7070cdb.jpg

Can you believe these guys are rescues?

My pup is young and crazy that he loves going to the kennel and daycare, although DF has watched all three from time to time. God bless him!

ImageUploadedByForums1446602658.268681.jpg.050a1385ed7e1fd051c7d40482881c57.jpg

Im lucky enough to work at home on occasion so in previous years I was able to house sit at my parents house and watch their diabetic schnauzer who was blind. I was soooo scared that she would pass while they were gone.

Missy is on Hill's Science Diet Urinary Care c/d, both wet and dry. We were worried that she wouldn't like it, but our vet said dogs usually like it too much.

Betty, I've often wondered what others did with pets while they were on cruise, Thank you for starting this thread.

Thanks..When I started this thread I was afraid people would complain, about not talking specifically about cruising, but I really was interested in finding out how many of us have pets which we worry about.. I'm amazed at the response & love all your pictures & stories..Since I'm asking for pictures guess I should include a pic of Brandy & Fritz.. Were doing a B2B next cruise & when we get back to Fort Lauderdale I'll call to find out how Brandy & Fritz are doing..

012403a.jpg.b79919f0a84dfadb343fe0a503cf6c7b.jpg

Edited by serendipity1499

Rocketman..When Brandy had a problem I actually got doggie diapers & put them on her until we & the Vet figured out how to cure her.. Perhaps a baby diaper would work on yours until your Vet is able to give you some Meds...Hope your problem is solved soon..Thanks for coming over to this thread..Hope you have a great cruise..

guinnesshalfpint.. The pics are wonderful of the Pups..Prior to this we always had rescue dogs & think they are so wonderful because you rescued them..

l Love your Pups hat, but can' figure out if that is a doll on his back?

Edited by serendipity1499

I have to admit that life is so much easier, and cruise planning less stressful, now I do not have to worry about the pets, but I also have to admit to missing them. Just can't take the heartache of the loss anymore.

We lost the last of two Siamese litter mates about 3 years ago. The loss broke my heart and I still miss them every day.

However, I must agree with Lizzie.. life is easier and travel less stressful than before.

I don't know if I could take the loss again... so, no new pets yet.

B

I use to board my cat, until the time I picked her up and she was a hissing snarling mess. Now up to 4 cats and a dog I am blessed with the best pet sitter in the world (found her on sittercity.com). Animals happy not going to someplace strange and I'm happy they are safe. I email the sitter about every other day while away. She puts up with me because I pay her well over her posted rate, and a nice bonus at Christmas,

We use a pet sitter for our three cats and two aquariums. She comes in every other day which works for the cats as they have a "fountain" for fresh water and a dry food dispenser. Between slow dispensing feeding blocks and every other day feedings the fish do well. We've used the same lady for so many years she now even collects our mail from the cluster box down the street. Last cruise our pool went pea green while we were gone and she even caught that. A quick text to us in the Med and me texting to my pool service had the pool fixed in a day.

Thanks..When I started this thread I was afraid people would complain, about not talking specifically about cruising, but I really was interested in finding out how many of us have pets which we worry about.. I'm amazed at the response & love all your pictures & stories..Since I'm asking for pictures guess I should include a pic of Brandy & Fritz.. Were doing a B2B next cruise & when we get back to Fort Lauderdale I'll call to find out how Brandy & Fritz are doing..

It is a wonderful thread and I've enjoyed reading everyones' story. Thanks for starting it.:)

What a great thread...I am mulling over what to do with our lovely kitty , Sitka , when we go on our next trip.63bba80747636f866589ccd8f993fffc.jpg

On our previous trips we had an outdoor bunny , who sadly has passed away.

We have had Sitka for a year now and while we ( my DH and I ) have been on a couple of adult trips , someone was always home with the kitty ( Grandma and the kids).

We just went on our first trip this last weekend to a resort ( 5 days gone) and Sitka missed us so much! She hid under the bed and didn't eat very well and the cat sitter said she looked sad.

She seemed quite depressed when we came back.

We will be going on a two week trip in December and then a longer one in July and I am worried about her!

Here in Brazil there are no professional cat sitters. I am racking my brain trying to figure out what to do with her. Having someone live here would be best , but hard to find.

Please cross your fingers for me!810bea04710aa25aca239aabf3ad1fbd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is always difficult to leave our four leggetd children. We use to exgange sitting with our son between his two St Charles and our Lhasa.

Much has transpired in our lives, my mum passed away who also dog sat, then my late husband passed a demo this later at barely 60.

I have now remarried and my family has grown with eight more legs, two Golden Retrievers. So..... Our three puppies, Winston 13, Gizmo 12 and Sayja 9 stay home with live in care. We love sailors ng and cruising. Extended family stay with them. Works great as she works part time as pre school teacher just three miles away.

When we are pet less well we plan to stay that way.

Bob and Mary-Anne

Paisley is the love of our lives!!! She lives a life of sooooo much love.

She is a cocker spaniel and does everything with us! She has traveled overseas with us, but most of the time stays with her best friend our daughter on our long travels. We never have to worry about her when we are gone for 2 to 3 months at a time! Believe it or not we will skype to talk with our daughter and paisley sees us and will get excited!

Thanks for the thread! It is nice to talk about our dear family members that are furry😀👍

Denise :)

PS

She is 6 years old, and healthy. I look forward to many years to come of companionship and travels with her.

Wanted to take her to Nice,France for a month where DH is doing Buisness staying at an apt. Soooo much red tape with France! She will be with our daughter.

Denise:)