Is this a good deal?

eaCruiser4Life

We are cruising early next month, it's me with my wife and 2 year old son. We are booked on a extended balcony on deck 7 on the carnival Glory. Just got a call to upgrade to an ocean suite for total $460 or to Captain suite for $1500. I said I'll call back tonight, would u go for it and if yes which one?

Edited by eaCruiser4Life

How long is the cruise for? If it's 7 or 8 days and you can afford it I'd consider the Captain's Suite just because that price seems reasonable for those particular accomodations (though I'd probably prefer to have more people in our party who could enjoy it). I don't think I'd pay for the ocean suite unless you really think your two year old will need quiet wind down space in your cabin.

Edited by lbow2006

IMHO, I don't think the extended rear balcony is really that big of a deal... unless you are talking about the aft vista balcony on the corner.

However, if you can afford the Captains Suite this is kind of a BIG deal and probably won't come a long very often at such a reduced rate. Example for you is, on one of my 7 day cruises coming up a Balcony is like $800/per person (based on 2 people) - The Captains suites is like $3900/per person.... HUGE difference.

If it was me, and it is a long 7 or 8 day cruise I would jump on it as it would likely be the only way I would ever stay in one (wouldn't dream of paying $3900 per person for sure!). I have seen on line videos on these on many ships and they are awesome. I would consider at once in a life time opportunity as upgrade offers come along few and far between (I have cruised 23 times and never been offered any upgrades of any kind.... and this is the case with most people). An upgrade is more like winning a lottery than the "norm" and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how they are offered.

Edited by wemjam